8Bitdo SNES30 Controller Problems

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by CheatingSoi, Nov 28, 2015.

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Hi there, I just purchased an 8Bitdo SNES30 bluetooth controller for my Wii U to play Super Mario Maker. I just received it today and am super frustrated. I've managed to get it connected to the Wii U just once, and I cant figure out how to remap any controls or do anything. I have not been able to connect it again. It seems the instruction manual was sort of just translated to English so it's not every helpful. They have some forums but I can't seem to sign up. Is there anyone out there who got one of these controllers and can help? I feel like I'm out of luck.

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    hold start+y and you can sync it with a Wii/U

when connected to wii u it will only act as a wiimote sideways not a classic or pro

people on neogaf complaining the controller disconnects in tropical freeze

3. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    Hey, what about if we asked them to add Classic Controller emulation in a future Firmware update?? It would be PERFECT for SNES VC.

4. sethirion

sethirion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    CA
    Sounds like a good idea, and less cumbersome than having wiimote + classic!

5. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    8bitdo controller is a fuss. I barely got mine to work on wii or wii u. The controller drops out, lags drastically and buttons do not respond after a couple minutes of play. Emulators in homebrew do work with the 8bitdo controller.

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    I had problems like this to begin with, but a recent update of theirs has actually been really good. It's added support for the Wii Classic Controller and the Wii U Pro Controller. I've tried the latter mode on Zelda: Wind Waker HD and was VERY surprised at how well it handled it, especially given how bad it used to be when playing wirelessly on the PS3.

Anyway, check their site for the update. Be sure to grab the Wii-specific one. Once you have it, you hold Y when you turn it on to put it into Wii Mode, then press Start and B, X or Y to switch between sideways Wiimote, Classic Remote and Wii U Pro. ^^

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your title. Everything I put was for the NES30 Pro ;___; But yeah, that controller is really nice.

Last edited by Scarlet, Dec 17, 2015