Hacking 7.51 Game dumping time

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started dumping ghost of tsushima to a 1tb usb 3 hard drive, the process upto now is at about 12 hours and still is only about 70% complete.

I noticed when I first tried and forgot to turn off power saving features that it had about 20,000 files in a single folder which is probably a lot more now as that was only a partial dump.

Has anyone experienced similar with this game or others, I can imagine the copy time back to a PC and building of a PKG is going to be a long time with so many files.

Hard drive isn't the issue, on PC it can hit 150MB/s copying a large file

Last edited by wiiando,
Reactions: Kojii89

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had this problem, but I never dumped that game. If you have the config file, the system can be set up to shutdown upon completion. It will likely take hours to build the package, and a while for the gp4.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had this problem, but I never dumped that game. If you have the config file, the system can be set up to shutdown upon completion. It will likely take hours to build the package, and a while for the gp4.
Was using the config file, gave up on it, checked the contents and compared it to another source and it seems to have just stopped at a certain point in the copy of a folder and didn't copy anything past that, think I'm giving up on dumping for the time being if it's going to continue like that, unless I did something incorrectly.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. It's pretty fool proof in most cases. I dumped bloodborne, and it has thousands of files as well.
Ran the game, ran the payload, said it started dumping and I left it to it, also tried running the game after running the payload with the same outcome, unsure if i'm missing anything, or it's a 7.5x issue with dumping being slow?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It might not be what you want, but you can save your time, the game is already dumped, 1.12 update and the dlc too.
Depending on your internet, it's faster to download 50GB than to wait 12 hours!

Reactions: KiiWii

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not be what you want, but you can save your time, the game is already dumped, 1.12 update and the dlc too.
Depending on your internet, it's faster to download 50GB than to wait 12 hours!

Ye I am aware, was trying to be legit :lol:

My save games actually work that way too without changing the keystone

Reactions: godreborn and cearp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye I am aware, was trying to be legit :lol:

My save games actually work that way too without changing the keystone

I'd do just that if it's taking too long. the only real reasons to dump your own stuff is to learn how and to get the original keystone if the upload doesn't have it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, when I dumped my games, the longest any took was maybe 45 minutes to an hour. it took another hour to make the pkg and maybe 15 minutes for the largest gp4. I only have 13 games with the biggest being around 30GBs. I think the game you're dumping is around twice the size. either way, it shouldn't take 12 hours unless something is wrong. I'm also not sure where you get the 12 hours from, the dumper, at least on 5.05, doesn't have a time left anywhere. it just says percentage complete of dumping the game, then decrypting the selfs. after that, it says dump complete or something, then shuts down.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd do just that if it's taking too long. the only real reasons to dump your own stuff is to learn how and to get the original keystone if the upload doesn't have it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, when I dumped my games, the longest any took was maybe 45 minutes to an hour. it took another hour to make the pkg and maybe 15 minutes for the largest gp4. I only have 13 games with the biggest being around 30GBs. I think the game you're dumping is around twice the size. either way, it shouldn't take 12 hours unless something is wrong. I'm also not sure where you get the 12 hours from, the dumper, at least on 5.05, doesn't have a time left anywhere. it just says percentage complete of dumping the game, then decrypting the selfs. after that, it says dump complete or something, then shuts down.

I was just going off when I started it (by my clock)

Some stuff just doesn't work in 7.5x form what I've tested anyway, like orbis toolbox, haven't once got that payload to run, instant KP, just got to the point where I'd had enough of the KP, hard drive check and the console shutting down incorrectly.

Last edited by wiiando,

Kojii89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I've started dumping ghost of tsushima to a 1tb usb 3 hard drive, the process upto now is at about 12 hours and still is only about 70% complete.

I noticed when I first tried and forgot to turn off power saving features that it had about 20,000 files in a single folder which is probably a lot more now as that was only a partial dump.

Has anyone experienced similar with this game or others, I can imagine the copy time back to a PC and building of a PKG is going to be a long time with so many files.

Hard drive isn't the issue, on PC it can hit 150MB/s copying a large file
same problem here i left it to dump for 4hours only to find it still @ 15%
the disk is clean no scratches so looks like this is kinda common for this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*