Hacking 7.02 Save mounting help

KeybladeWIELDER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to move the save file from one version of KH3 to another however I couldn't make BinLoader work on 7.02. I followed these tutorials

but Dark Modder's version only offers up to 6.72 on his payload injector while ModdedWarfare's version is for 5.05. I've tried inserting the payload thru a wired connection with matching DNS but whenever I hit send using ModdedWarfare's injector ps4debug.bin file, it crashes the PS4 instantly while the BinLoader is on awaitingforclients message. I'm running out of options and I cannot find any updated tutorials for 7.02. I did use FTP to transfer some apps from PC to PS4 before so I'm doubting if it's the connection.

I'm using hakkuraifu's github host to load up HEN and BinLoader.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't watch the video, but that save mounter looks different from the one on 5.05. you need to deploy the debug.bin for save mounter or account activator. I don't really know what is currently possible on 7.02 as I've only done it on 5.05.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's normal for save mounter to also have a built in ftp as well. I'm using x project, and it says save mounter + ftp for the payload.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so without that, you'd technically have to use the ftp payload by vortex as well?
Yes. In X-Project I made it load the savemounter(ps4debug) payload and then automatically load the FTP payload so technically it still loads 2 payloads but it does it in 1 click.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. In X-Project I made it load the savemounter(ps4debug) payload and then automatically load the FTP payload so technically it still loads 2 payloads but it does it in 1 click.

thanks. I noticed when dumping themes, I go into the theme section of system settings, change theme, then have to redo the ftp payload every time. I've never had a kernel panic even with up to doing it 15 times, but I've encountered a kp where the system wouldn't turn on with the controller after having powered down. that would happen next time I turned on the system, though not always, just sometimes.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks. I noticed when dumping themes, I go into the theme section of system settings, change theme, then have to redo the ftp payload every time. I've never had a kernel panic even with up to doing it 15 times, but I've encountered a kp where the system wouldn't turn on with the controller after having powered down. that would happen next time I turned on the system, though not always, just sometimes.
Yeah, that makes sense. The FTP payload keeps running in the browser as a background process. When you go into sytem settings it closes the browser app so it will also close the FTP process.

Thats why when you run the FTP payload you must press the PS button and not the circle button because the PS button minimises the browser and leaves it running in the background but the circle button closes the browser app.

There were some 'persistant' FTP payloads that made FTP run in its own background process that didn't close when you went into system settings but it was based on a verion of ps4debug so that meant that you could not use another version of ps4debug eg save mounter or account activator.

Last edited by Leeful,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got tutorials on save mounter, account activator, and theme dumping. all use xproject. I like that, because I can easily tell what the payload is. it has good descriptions basically. I have your frontend also on my sandisk connect. I have a tutorial on that too. I've been dumping themes for people to learn about them. they don't want me to make a fix pkg since they don't have an exploitable system, but my theme tutorial shows how to do that. I just dump the themes and send them to them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think app dumper stops as well if you go into system settings. I vaguely remember that. I guess the only payload that sticks is hen itself.

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think app dumper stops as well if you go into system settings. I vaguely remember that. I guess the only payload that sticks is hen itself.
yes, all payloads run as a process in the browser app. If the browser app gets closed the payload stops running.
Hen stays because HEN makes permanent/persistent changes to the PS4 (permanent/persistent until you reboot of course:))
I think ps4debug might be persistnet as well but i'm not 100% sure on that.

Thats why its important to use the PS button to exit the browser when you have run any payload so that it mimimises the browser (and the runnig payload) instead of closing it like the circle button does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr