ROM Hack WIP [TUTORIAL] Just Dance add custom songs

jonyluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This tutorial should work for all versions of Just dance in Nintendo Switch, following this steps you will be available of changing a song you don't like or the alt version of the song with another one, or editing a existing song.

First you need to unpack the nsp/xci of the game and then the nca, to get ipk files, that contain the files of each song. (You can use Hactool or something similar to do that.)
For example im going to use calypso_nx.ipk that is te file for the song Calypso.

To extract .ipk download quickbms and this script, then start a cmd and run this command quickbms script.bms song.ipk output_folder

With Calypso
quickbms script.bms calypso_nx.ipk output_folder
Now is time to get the file of the song you want to add, if you get it from a switch version the steps are the same, if you get it from a Wii U game, it is a little different and maybe it should be edit it to make them compatible, the ipk files contain a lot of songs, not individual ones and Just Dance kids and Just dance 4 songs are not in ipk, but they are in .bf that can be extracted with another script.

Now that you have both files unpack, add the files you want to change from the other song to output_folder, and rename it as the original one. The size of the files can not be bigger than the original.

Some examples are

• The video in \output_folder\world\maps\calypso\videoscoach folder that is the video of the song
  • The file calypso.wav.ckd in output_folder\cache\itf_cooked\nx\world\maps\calypso\audio that it the audio of the song.
If you want to add a custom audio file and not from a existing just dance game, you can follow this to create a .wav.ckd :
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18051

Then you can pack it again to .ipk with the command quickbms -w -r script.bms song.ipk output_folder , it will replace the original ipk with one with the changes made.

With Calypso
quickbms -w -r script.bms calypso_nx.ipk output_folder
Finally, all is done, load the modified ipk with layeredfs and enjoy!

A song of Just Dance 2019 in Just Dance 2018

The truth is that there is not much information on the internet about how to make mods for this game, if you are interested in helping you can join our discord group.
https://discord.gg/qZwrwBW

Last edited by jonyluke,

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive done some modding on lets sing 2018

upload_2018-10-28_16-19-40.png

but the process seems vastly different than what you are experiencing. i hope you find some answers, custom songs in music games are one of the best mods IMO.

Wednesday101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you in theory take the "unlimited" subscription and then repack it in the game so you dont need the subscription? once we figure out how to repack it

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a thread about it?
nah, if you unpack one of the dlc nsp's its pretty easy to see how its done, just need the file, sample, music video, cover art and to write out file for the words. the hardest/longest part is the words as it has timestamps and other info about pitch etc. main game has a csv for every song even the DLC so you do have to replace one of the songs, cant just add on (or at least i couldnt figure it out)

Reactions: ShonenJump

JustNateo

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
that video you showed isn't even modding, you literally replaced the no hud and the audio. The lyrics, (there aren't even pictos), gold moves and everything else is from I'm blue. lmaooo

jessn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a Just Dance modder since 2014. I know everything about Just Dance modding on every console. Add me from Discord if you need help. laquifa#3327

TomatoJuice17

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I think it's a bit late, but, would you tell me how to create my custom images? (I mean the files tga.ckd and act.ckd), i already tried, but in-game images don't load :(

PD: I don't need to change the pictos, cause i wanna make a VIPMADE...

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
is even possible to add new song, but with that i mean the music, moves and gold moves? because this method seems that only add music but everything else is from the original song D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over