Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IMG_20180601_200717.jpg

Lakka is a Linux distribution aimed at turning small computer devices into retrogaming consoles. It is a minimal operating system using RetroArch as a front-end - it contains nothing more, nothing less than what's required for RetroArch and its 100+ supported consoles and standalone games.

And guess what - it runs on the Switch too, using the magic of ShofEL2 ! Prepare your SD card, boot the system and you're ready to go !

You can find everything needed on this website : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/

I suggest you read the FAQ as it already covers common issues and questions. The official Lakka documentation can also help.

The system is not perfect yet, some issues are still present (audio through Bluetooth, wifi only working after a reboot...). However, it is playable and I feel like it's ready for a (first) release. If you want to contribute, don't hesitate to make a PR or message me directly !

If you want to talk or follow the developpement of RetroArch on the Switch (both homebrew and Lakka), feel free to join this Discord server : https://discord.gg/VZDWqXU

Enjoy ;)

Last edited by natinusala,

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job! Will be waiting for the battery desync personally but I'm glad you're continuing to work on this project. :P

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! If only now audio would work (otherwise not really useful experience in my opinion) but shaping out well so far

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will the Linux loader app from painless Linux boot this too? It looks like the same app, but I just want to make sure

The Lakka boot script has a better u-boot. Use it.

How well does psp, playstation, n64, and ds run?

They all do well, but N64 can be too fast sometimes.

edit : there's no DS though, melonds runs like shit and desmume is not included

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question, we have this and the active progress for the native Retroarch ports. Besides the Linux issues and some possible speed gained from running native software versus the overhead of running Linux, what would be the differences between the two options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night