• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 59,868
  • Replies 161
  • Likes 20
D

Deleted User

OP
Still, need help? Join my Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/aMsXaJV

Please note, that you can ignore the warning that states that Afterbirth mods will not work. As this is not the case anymore since Afterbirth has been released on consoles since I initially made this tool. If there gets enough use out of this I will add some QoL features.

You can not use any mods that require LUA files!

Download: https://github.com/ItsDeidara/The-Binding-of-Isaac-Mod-Conversion-Kit

I took the liberty of making some notes to help those of you who would like to convert your own mods(or mods already made for PC) to use with this game
Code:
pocketitems.xml can not be used from mods. This crashes the game instantly. This may be able to be converted but I have not seen a mod affected negatively by leaving this out

Room xml files  can't include "_converted" within them or else the game will crash

You can't add additional rooms to the game. For example Godmode adds an "enemy_compounds" folder to the rooms directory. this can not be used even with the fixed XML naming or else the game will crash.

If you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask.

Still need help? Join my Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/aMsXaJV

Last edited by ,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been speculation that the modding scene for games would take off on the Switch. Here's to hoping that Skyrim is the same. Someone already confirmed that besides texture and sound files, the system was setup similarly to it's PC counterparts.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that the switch scene is taking off I'm going to take it upon myself and repost my mod converter here as it should already work with the Switch copy of the game provided that you have a way to access/modify the game's files.

https://github.com/ItsDeidara/The-Binding-of-Isaac-Mod-Conversion-Kit

Even better. The switch uses Afterbirth+ so you can ignore the warning and use any afterbirth+ mods as long as they dont have/use lua files!

Great to see some modding on the Switch.
Your git name is Deidara while your temper name is Sasori? You're clearly an Akatsuki fan. :P

Reactions: Deleted User

DrSeedling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should now work thanks to the release of LayeredFS

Even better. The switch uses Afterbirth+ so you can ignore the warning and use any afterbirth+ mods as long as they dont have/use lua files!

I've converted the 16bit texture mod for afterbirth+ and attempted to place the resources folder into romfs under the isaac title id in my sd card and load it with layeredFS but it is giving me a crash. is there a tutorial anywhere on how to add mods to the switch version? i've modded my ps vita version already but i patched the game files directly so it was a more streamlined method.

D

Deleted User

OP
I've converted the 16bit texture mod for afterbirth+ and attempted to place the resources folder into romfs under the isaac title id in my sd card and load it with layeredFS but it is giving me a crash. is there a tutorial anywhere on how to add mods to the switch version? i've modded my ps vita version already but i patched the game files directly so it was a more streamlined method.
If the texture files aren't the same resolution the game will crash

Reactions: DrSeedling

AdamRav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my most played game ever. I'll try it out once i get my sx pro. Could i use my game cart or should i dump the game? I'll experiment either way.

GoldenEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad to see i wasnt the only one who couldnt convert XML's, but i tried to convert a .stb mod and it wasnt recognized, is that supposed to happen? it was a mod for putting a greed donation machine and item pedestal in the basement floors, the title of the file was "18.greed special" and it seems like your mod converter doesnt convert any .stb's with 2 words, or at least ones with spaces in their names? im not sure, im just looking around right now seeing what works, And if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you put together a step by step guide from conversion to switch? i feel like that would save a good number of questions and help a lot of people out.

D

Deleted User

OP
Im glad to see i wasnt the only one who couldnt convert XML's, but i tried to convert a .stb mod and it wasnt recognized, is that supposed to happen? it was a mod for putting a greed donation machine and item pedestal in the basement floors, the title of the file was "18.greed special" and it seems like your mod converter doesnt convert any .stb's with 2 words, or at least ones with spaces in their names? im not sure, im just looking around right now seeing what works, And if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you put together a step by step guide from conversion to switch? i feel like that would save a good number of questions and help a lot of people out.
When I made this I wasn't aware of an stb files since the consoles I tested this on only had pcx files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1