Hardware 5.56 Update error/hardware scan - Need help!

EEkumBOkum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I have been working and researching for two days straight to no avail and was hoping someone here may be able to help.

I bought a PS4 slim the other day for a super good deal. [$30] Only issue is the disk drive doesnt function [at all, doesnt spin, take a disk in/eject, laser doesnt try to read] at first I thought no problem! Digital only! .. I didnt realize Sony put that HW scan in place so if you have a faulty disk drive you cannot update.. and without updating I cannot play or do anything.

With this being the case I have tried everything, full initializing. Safe mode. Usb firmware with the 1gb file..unplugging ribbon cables... I have done a ton of researching and found some people getting success with trying the update, failing, unplugging and disconnecring the drive and connecting and then the update works.. but that seems to only be with the older ps4s and I cannot find a solution for the slim.

I have taken the drive apart and investigated everything and it looks like the motor in the back of the drive has a sensor switch broke off.. so chances are thats the issue with the drive.. I can order that piece and hope it fixes the whole situation. But I was hoping someone has found another solution? Is there a way to bypass the hw scan, or force the update anyways? I am at a loss and reallly wanted this to be an unbelievable deal :(.

Tldr; ps4 slim -broken disk drive, SU error when updating, cant use ps4 until figured out.

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
broken sensor switch won't prevent the system from updating, it's just to communicate to the system when the disc is in/out, so if it's broken and not activated, the system will think there is no disc in the drive, and obviously you don't need to have a disc in the system at all times for it to update. It's really hard to tell what might be wrong with it without seeing the system, and you need right tools and equipment to find/solve the problem, but i do fix SU-42118-6 errors on PS4 if you wan to send it in for repair: https://goo.gl/qPtkYX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse