Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yay ^^

Though it might not be buggy if they take the time to debug it normally, I never experienced a single problem with a GEN firmware, I don't see where does all this hate comes from...

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
Taik said:
Yay ^^

Though it might not be buggy if they take the time to debug it normally, I never experienced a single problem with a GEN firmware, I don't see where does all this hate comes from...
One of the last first firmwares they released (I think it was 5.50 GEN C or something) was really bad.. a lot of people got theirs bricked. It led to an apology from the GEN team.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Taik said:
Yay ^^

I don't hate GEN, GEN made it possible for us to play 5.55+ games. It's just they seem to rush there CFW, and leave a ton of bugs on them. They fix them up though

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course if they cock this particular one up enough to cause bricks that's it....finito and lots of unhappy people.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not see that happen really.

If there was a chance of bricking a lot of PSP`s it would have been with 5.03 GEN-A.
As that was the real proto type of their CFW enabler.
As it did not happen back when I see very small chances that they make a major fuckup.

Also Iam tired of people who complain about bugs in the GEN firmwares.

First of all if they did not make you guys CFW you would be stuck on 5.00 and play nothing new.
Seccond people nag about bugs but I bet 90% of the whiners could not even spot them or would not even run into them.
And final be happy that they make updates for the broken stuff as I said before if they did not do so all you are left with is: broken stuff.

Iam not a GEN fanboy or whatever Iam just trying to understand why there is so much hate out there for GEN. All they did so far was provide the pirates with what they needed.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Where are you coming from? GEN C caused numerous issues, including some bricks, and that is essentially what they're doing here. If 5.03 GEN B causes a brick there's no way back. If you're not a little nervous using something like this on a non recoverable PSP i'd say that there was something a little wrong with you (or you have a callous disrespect for your PSP or are just K-K-Kerazy!)

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Vistabuser said:
I do not see that happen really.

If there was a chance of bricking a lot of PSP`s it would have been with 5.03 GEN-A.
As that was the real proto type of their CFW enabler.
As it did not happen back when I see very small chances that they make a major fuckup.

Also Iam tired of people who complain about bugs in the GEN firmwares.

First of all if they did not make you guys CFW you would be stuck on 5.00 and play nothing new.
Seccond people nag about bugs but I bet 90% of the whiners could not even spot them or would not even run into them.
And final be happy that they make updates for the broken stuff as I said before if they did not do so all you are left with is: broken stuff.

Iam not a GEN fanboy or whatever Iam just trying to understand why there is so much hate out there for GEN. All they did so far was provide the pirates with what they needed.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
I use GEN and I don't know why people argue about M33 and GEN...But PSPGEN cocked the GEN-C firmware up...They had to remove it from their website because it was bricking peoples PSP's, and GEN-D was made because of this, which also had a few bugs, but they were ironed out in GEN-D2.

But if they make this firmware brick peoples PSP's, then that would be nasty.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really up to date with 3000 series, but you still need 5.03 OFW or lower to install CFW, correct? If anything above, you're out of luck? Friend was asking

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
I'm not really up to date with 3000 series, but you still need 5.03 OFW or lower to install CFW, correct? If anything above, you're out of luck? Friend was asking
Yeah, and Pandora's batteries don't work either or anything, as with any TA-088v3 board.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rithsv said:
Taik said:
Yay ^^

One of the last first firmwares they released (I think it was 5.50 GEN C or something) was really bad.. a lot of people got theirs bricked. It led to an apology from the GEN team.
And then they released GEN-D, and GEN-D2, which are amazing and don't brick whatsoever.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:

Chickhen r2 only works on 5.03. Anything higher or lower than that won't work.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
djricekcn said:

Anything higher won't work, but you can update to 5.03 if you have a firmware lower than it. Just get the update files from PSPSlimHacks or something.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Pendor said:
djricekcn said:

Anything higher won't work, but you can update to 5.03 if you have a firmware lower than it. Just get the update files from PSPSlimHacks or something.

I don't think an explanation was necessary.
tongue.gif

If someone can't figure that out, then it shouldn't be doing things like these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.