Hacking 4.2e help if possible

Twickersw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone could shed any light for me please.

My friend brought around his 4.2e system which has already been chipped(what sort i have know idea nor does he) for me to have a look at.

The problem he has is that it has started to encounter disc error readings on games which previously worked.
I encountered this last year and went with an external hd which now works fine on mine.

The intention is to do this to his but here is the problem....
There is the twlight hack save files on it, but no HBC etc.
There is a Wad Manager Icon v 1.3 but when clicked it says it cannot be played on this system.

I have tried to use the Softmod 4.2e tut, but it wont load up.

Getting frustrated with it.

Thanks for any advice.

Twicks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ummmm... nothing is supposed to happen when u put the sd card in the wii.... what did u expect? Put the sd card in and watch it work all by itself? Read your guide that ModMii made for u!

Honestly, that's like me saying... "I just put a blank dvd into my computer... but it didn't burn my movie... what gives?"... well, duh! that's because u have to tell the computer the burn the dvd. The same as how u need to tell the wii to load things off the SD card

Twickersw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak,

Thanks for your sarcastic ass reply, obviousy you didnt read my original post. To busy jumping in 2 footed with not alot to offer!!! Probably typing and looking at your avatar thinking how special and clever you are!

Not that i am one to the wii, on here maybe, but wonder why some noobs dont bother.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
ummmm... nothing is supposed to happen when u put the sd card in the wii.... what did u expect? Put the sd card in and watch it work all by itself? Read your guide that ModMii made for u!

Honestly, that's like me saying... "I just put a blank dvd into my computer... but it didn't burn my movie... what gives?"... well, duh! that's because u have to tell the computer the burn the dvd. The same as how u need to tell the wii to load things off the SD card

if I might point a few things out. when you put the sd card in you can see the sd symbol turn blue on 4.x systems. so... things can just happen on that sort of a system. and it would be like saying, "I just put a blank dvd into my computer and Windows popped something up asking me what to do with it." theoretically you could get the system to launch HBC on insertion of sd card

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Twickersw said:
XFlak,

Thanks for your sarcastic ass reply, obviousy you didnt read my original post. To busy jumping in 2 footed with not alot to offer!!! Probably typing and looking at your avatar thinking how special and clever you are!

Not that i am one to the wii, on here maybe, but wonder why some noobs dont bother.

And while you are moaning you still have not told us what you mean by "Nothing happens"..

Does it detect the card????
Can you see any files on the card when accessing it with the wii??
Have you formatted it to fat 32??
are you using just an sd card instead of an sdhc card????
Have you tried to save channels or data from the wii to the card to make sure the SD slot is OK???

Oh and some noobs dont bother because like you they dont supply enough info for people to help them then moan when they get sarcastic replies. Remember who is the one needing help here.

Twickersw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiistarter,

For what started out as a simple help request, yourself and XFlak have made it quite clear that your so far up your own arses i really cant be bothered with it. Plenty more sites out there find info from.

Oh and sarcasm comes naturally for you does it? So if someone asked you in the street a question you would answer like that?

Have fun collecting your medals.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Twisckersw,,,
I will try help u step by step... BTW I'm assuming u didnt download ModMii,,
First download ModMii to ur computer: http://tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow
Then unzip it and run ModMii. Wait few seconds and type I AGREE. Now u will see Main Menu screen. Type W to Wizard Mode. Say ur Wii is Virgin, and SM (System Menu) u are using and Choose/Stay with 4.2 SM. download extra brick protection.
After all ur choices, a Guide will be generated to u and download process will start.
When all files completed, then copy folder COPY_TO_SD (i mean all files inside that folder) to ur SD:/ (SD Root). Now u have all necessary files in SD and YOU are ready to start softmod.
Now its simples,, just FOLLOW generated GUIDE step by step! dont miss any step!

u can bannerbomb using SD icon in Wii Menu.

i hope u can do it this time
wink.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@egurgle, thanks for taking the time to reply to this guy. I just now read everything in this thread since my last post. And i gotta say... wow.

@OP, my sarcastic point was specifically worded to make u realize you did not provide enough information. This has nothing to do with wii modding, but common sense. Seriously, any idiot should know that when they ask for help, they need to provide information on the problem. I've seen plenty of ppl ask for help, but very few ask for help and provide as little information as u did. I am a very helpful guy... hell I wrote ModMii to make things as simple as possible for lazy ppl like yourself... above and beyond that, I've provided crazy amounts of helpful support... just look at the ModMii thread for proof.

Anyways, if u want a list of how u fail at error reporting, I can do that as nicely as possible for u... so hopefully u learn something. Firstly, you didn't even indicate what guide u were using ("Softmod 4.2e tut" doesn't count as no such guide exists). I'm assuming you were referring to xzxero's softmod any wii stickied guide. Then someone came along and told u to use modmii. Here's mistake #2, don't mix and match guides, pick one good one and stick with it. I would recommend ModMii, but you can use xzxero's guide or even the complete softmod guide. Then u reported ModMii didn't work cuz nothing happened when u put the sd card in the wii... and when I was obviously sarcastically asking for more information, instead of providing it you proceded to bitch at everyone trying to help u (myself included). In the time u spent bitching at me you could have provided the information ppl were asking for. Even if u think I'm an asshole, there are others on this site who can help u (like egurgle... and btw, I've helped egurgle w/ modmii in the past, so I'm STILL indirectly helping u). Anyways, I don't mean to drive u away from gbatemp, it is a great site. But please, in the future, help us help you by telling us what is going on! Maybe you should try reading this (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215400) or one of the many other threads desperately trying to teach people how to properly ask for help (which should be common sense anyways)

Anyways, if u continue to have problems, and you give enough information for someone to actually help u, I PROMISE to do my best to help u... okay? Still think I've got my head up my ass?

@megazig, common man... r u purposely trying to push my buttons? You know what I meant, and you know that for any exploit to work you need to initiate the exploit... and there is not a single exploit that works by only having to put the sd card in the wii. We've had our rocky past, but honestly I got respect for u and your buddies (did u notice I even tried to get your names taken out of someone's offensive signature?)... so don't take this comment the wrong way.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what do u call clicking the sd card button to get to the sd card menu in the first place? nothing? If it was really as simple as "insert sd card to load boot.elf" then you wouldn't need to specify to go to the sd menu.

I'll admit that you do have a point that if someone were to launch the sd card menu first and then afterwards put the sd card in the wii, it will launch bannerbomb. But who really does it that way? What I do, and what every guide I've ever read has said is... 1) insert sd card/power wii on, 2) click sd card button, 3) load boot.elf.

Besides, the OP was saying he used ModMii, so he should have been following ModMii's guides, and ModMii's guides never once say that inserting the sd card will launch the exploit. And even if he was following some other guide that was instructing him to load the elf using your method, he still didn't indicate whether he was on the sd card menu, the main wii menu, or the data management sd card menu, or anything!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I'll admit that you do have a point that if someone were to launch the sd card menu first and then afterwards put the sd card in the wii, it will launch bannerbomb. But who really does it that way? What I do, and what every guide I've ever read has said is... 1) insert sd card/power wii on, 2) click sd card button, 3) load boot.elf.
From bannerbomb's own site:QUOTEPress the SD card icon (for the SD menu). This is different from the last version. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
Since those are the official instructions I would have assumed he was following them, no matter which guide he was using. Apparently your guide has it wrong.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I already said u have a point... or was it not obvious that I made a concession to you, but not the OP since...
QUOTE said:
...he still didn't indicate whether he was on the sd card menu, the main wii menu, or the data management sd card menu, or anything!

And there is more than one way of doing things... so the ModMii guide is not incorrect, just different (otherwise it wouldn't have such a high success rate!)

Anyways, I'm not sure what u want to hear from me... I already said u have a point... personally I think u just like to argue, and u like to argue with me more than you do most people. I hope I'm wrong, because like I said, I got respect for you and your crew... hell, i got respect for everyone in the scene. I know we got off on the wrong foot because one of my friends was one of your enemies. U said some things, I said some things... but that was a long time ago... seriously, let it go dude.

For the record, u, megazig and even omega rock! I say that despite the hell u guys put ModMii (formerly NUSAD) through. I hate the way u sometimes get into fights and gang up on ppl, but w/e, u guys usually have good reason, even if u are a little rough getting the point accross. What's most important is your contribution to the community... and u guys have contributed lots. So props to u.... if after reading all this, u still want to argue with me... I give up.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*sigh*
I am not part of any "crew". I've already explained this once this week. I didn't have anything to do with the NUSAD business. I don't blame DeadlyFoez's actions on you, stop blaming other people's actions on me.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Fair enough, sorry for associating megazig and omega with u. I won't do that again. Can we hold hands and sing kumbaya now? or later? lol, just kidding. But seriously, I've had enough of our disagreements, so I'm happy that it seems we've reached a middle ground. Happy hacking to you.

@OP, sorry for getting so off topic, if/when you return to this thread, rest assured that the focus will be back on your problem.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
because your famous!

sorry 4 getting u involved, if it makes u feel better, the first time I mentioned your name I was saying u rock! Seriously, read what I wrote about u, I don't consider any of it to be negative. If you find it offensive, just pm me and I will remove w/e post u say that u find offensive (no need to get the mods involved... I don't mind removing my own posts, but I don't like ppl doing it for me).

While I'm at it, anyone else want an apology? Sorry megazig! Sorry OP! Sorry gbatemp! Sorry nintendo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/