3in1 problems

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Sendoh, Oct 3, 2009.

Oct 3, 2009

3in1 problems by Sendoh at 5:57 AM (940 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sendoh
    OP

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Hi. I have the original 3 in 1 running in Gbaexploader 0.58b on AKAIO on my Acekard 2.1. My games were working perfectly on PSRAM and NOR until recently, when I realised my NOR sav file disappeared. I was playing SRW OG1 when there wasn't any save file registered. I tested this out by playing a new game and saving. The save files just would not write and the save slots remain blank after I saved. I checked gbaexploader and it showed that my SRAM is blank, and when I load a game in PSRAM, even with an intact .sav file, it doesn't register the save file.

I doubt this is a battery problem as the save file would at least register and disappear only after I powered off. I had earlier problems with the gbaexploader on AK2.1 and someone suggested I fixed the DLDI, which I did. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Use gba exploader, if it tells you to initialize the cart every time you boot it that means your batter IS dead.

3. Sendoh
    OP

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Right. I guess my battery is dead. I went over to the nearest DIY store and it doesn't seem like they have CR 1220 batteries, so I was thinking of purchasing a new one. I read around and there seems to be new 3-in-1 around. Are those any better than mine? If the battery lasts longer I'll definitely buy those. Thanks for the help.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If you want solder a new one on, you will need a tabbed 10mm battery. You will have to order those online with a local electronics seller. Otherwise you can use the battery guide that is found here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872