3DS XL not booting.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, by seeing many threads being created all the time about many random problems, it looks like it's now my time :(.
So, I was just now playing Pokemon HeartGold from the SD card through TwilightMenu++ and noticed some pokemon cries were not working, then it froze. I press the Home button and close it but instead of going back to the Home Menu the system shuts down. Now when I try to power on the LED stays on for a second and shuts off.
The microSD card is an SanDisk 32GB class 10 and everything is up-to-date.
How to troubleshoot this?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try booting without SD inserted.
Try booting with a second, FAT32 formatted SD containing latest Luma3DS boot.firm and nothing else.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try booting without SD inserted.
Try booting with a second, FAT32 formatted SD containing latest Luma3DS boot.firm and nothing else.
I just reinserted the SD card and it's working now. I don't know why that happened, I didn't even touched the SD card slot for days and this happened randomly. Now I don't feel secure in playing anymore.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just reinserted the SD card and it's working now. I don't know why that happened, I didn't even touched the SD card slot for days and this happened randomly. Now I don't feel secure in playing anymore.
Things like this happen. In my test console is a half broken (plastic goes bad), full-sized SD that does this all the time.

Backup your data just in case and consider replacing the SD if this happens more often. If this happens with other SDs as well the reader might be dirty - or even damaged.

Reactions: Bean_BR

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Things like this happen. In my test console is a half broken (plastic goes bad), full-sized SD that does this all the time.

Backup your data just in case and consider replacing the SD if this happens more often. If this happens with other SDs as well the reader might be dirty - or even damaged.
I did some testing (even used Nintendo Badge Arcade as an stress test) and everything seems fine. I try to not "overuse" the system and things like this happens anyways.
Thanks for tip!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello