Hardware 3DS XL broken 3d depth slider

Brennod10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so the other day I fell on top of my 3ds xl and somehow the small grey 3d slider snapped off. It was in the off position and I really don't use 3d that much but I would still like to repair it. Check with Nintendo and apparently it's $125 to repair, does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to fixing this?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so the other day I fell on top of my 3ds xl and somehow the small grey 3d slider snapped off. It was in the off position and I really don't use 3d that much but I would still like to repair it. Check with Nintendo and apparently it's $125 to repair, does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to fixing this?

After looking at my gf's Zelda 3DS XL, I don't think you will be able to repair it without a new slider and taking the 3DS apart. $125 is ridiculous but whether its a broken button or a 3DS that has been drowned in bucket of water thats Nintendo's set price for repair and they won't come off of it.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find a replacement depth slider then you can replace it yourself pretty quickly. You just need to remove the four screws underneath the square pads surrounding the top screen. It's very hard to remove the square pads though without damaging them, so if cosmetic condition is a major concern then you might not want to do this. Once the screws are removed you can slide the top cover off by pushing forwards on it from the back. The depth slider just fits onto a little protrusion sticking out from the side of the small board underneath the right speaker.

As a temporary fix you might still be able to adjust the 3D depth level by using a thin pointy object like a needle and raising or lowering the plastic protrusion that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi