Hardware 3DS XL back panel loose

LTK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On the side of the volume control the back panel comes unclipped with only a little pressure on the gap between the panel and the part with the volume control on it.

Is this worth sending to Nintendo for repairs? (not even sure how long it's been since I bought it)

I'm thinking about trading it in and getting the Animal Crossing special edition.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only way it separates is that you have a habit of curling your fingers and using the tips to grip the 3DS. It plastic backplate seperates over time to that. I see alot of that happen to devices with thin plastic backs like certain phones and PDAs.

You can trade up all you want, but your likely to see the same thing happen with the new one.

You can avoid or prolong it from happening by getting a shell that is thick enough to resist the amount of pressure you normally apply.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo's store sell replacement backplates in the US at least, don't know about the UK, try contacting Nintendo. Maybe they can send you one for free if you're under warranty, they're intended to be user replaceable after all.

qweesy777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3m super thin double sided tape fixed this issue for me use a bout a 1/2 piece where its separating $3.50 fix....and yes its easy to pull off and on just dont go overboard with a shitload of tape a little goes a long way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse