• Likes 2

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
look at this mockup of a 3DS xl, it's not far off from the real thing...

nintendo-3ds-xl.jpg

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little surprised the new model won't have a second thumb pad, but I can't say I'm personally disappointed. I was an early adopter, and I am not a fan of seeing developers having to split in game design for two different types of hardware. Glad they're sticking with the original concept if only for the fact that most games will still cater to the original hardware.

That being said, I have zero interest in this model. My interest in my current 3DS is almost zilch how it is. I barely touch the thing -- haven't hardly since Revelations.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now i am pissed, but at least we get a extra colour i guess, you will still have to buy the cradle separately through.
TBH, I didn't really care about that.

I do want that sliver. So, I'm going have to do the waiting game. :/

I agree. I don't know why people say the increase of 30% is insignificant. In my case, since I play on the lowest power settings, this is a nice improvement.

Heck 6.5 hours is almost decent battery life. Better than most laptops.
Better than my laptop, after I think about it. D:

I think in all honesty, they shouldn't even have bother with the CPP.

I hope there's a ir, so I can surf the tv with it someday. :P

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Right, sorry. Still, it's more than slightly
Half an hour to an hour more is "more than slightly"?
3h => 3h30 = 15% more battery
5h => 6h30 = 30% more battery

so, yes. It's significant
I agree. I don't know why people say the increase of 30% is insignificant. In my case, since I play on the lowest power settings, this is a nice improvement.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know whats funny! they did show the 3DS XL @ E3 lol well in the online 3ds conference if you guys look at the video again you'll see that they have them on the wall same shape as the XL
i think they were gonna announce it but shy'd away because it was already leaked and nintendo doesn't respond to rumors lol RIGHT. well this is what should have been released in the first place
i love my XL and cant wait for this one!

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right, sorry. Still, it's more than slightly
Half an hour to an hour more is "more than slightly"?
3h => 3h30 = 15% more battery
5h => 6h30 = 30% more battery

so, yes. It's significant

it comes close to the dsi battery life, which was in my oppinion extremely low compared with previous versions of the console. it still isn't the same I know, but I must say the battery life of the 3ds XL is much better than the orginal 3ds.
the orginal 3ds.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so they are making it horribly big and they cant add the second stick in the new space they have?? hmmm... Also, if they can give me widescreen DS games that dont look like shit, ill buy it, if not why would I buy an oversized version of something that already works like a charm, no thanks ninty, no thanks....

Is it REALLY that hard to do this?????

16253986a05462cf3104865993ebf94fe85464d6.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last time i bought an XL, the 3ds came out not even a year later.... no.. i think i will wait. not to mention the same thing im sure everyone else has already complained about(didnt read 28pages,) the other circle pad.. why.. come on nintendo. i would consider this if it came with the other circle pad. other wise im sure there is going to be an add on.. which would make this thing ungodly big. also was there any mention of being able to transfer our data from our 3ds to this? as well as i wonder how smooth the graphics will be going to the big screen from the little screen..

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
So this is why I didn't get the 3DS... aside from there being no games I wanted to play, it was because they were making another one already. We'll see if I buy one when KH:3D is out.
EDIT: Oh yeah, lack of second analogue. That'll make it harder to make me buy it, considering that it's practically required to get the most out of KH:3D and MH:3G. Why did Ninty have to make another bad move?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there