Hardware 3ds won't boot up with sd card inserted - help!

Fauxfox117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So awhile ago I added cfw to my boyfriends 3ds and it has been working perfectly fine, downloaded a ton of games for him and hes been enjoying it. Last night I opened up his system to replace his d-pad and abxy buttons since the original ones were starting to have the paint chip off and become annoying when in use, however, when the system was put back together it now wont boot up with an sd card inserted, anyone have any idea what that might be the reason of? I feel like I didnt break the sd card slot since it only turns on when one isnt inserted so surely it can tell when one is put in right? Then so what might my problem be with cfw? It's been awhile since I hacked it so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will mention recently before this we upgraded the sd to a 64gb (I did reformat to fat32) but if that helps give any other info.

Fauxfox117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No popping noise, the blue light just stays on and the screens dont boot. I dont believe the 3ds has been updated at all so would getting the newest version of luma mess things up? Should I update the system? Sorry, it's been awhile so it's hard to remember the specifics with cfw.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The newest version of Luma won't mess things up, and you'll most likely need it if you want to update the 3DS firmware to the newest version. The blue light just staying on sounds more like a hardware issue though, try opening the 3DS again and reconnecting the SD card slot, it could just be a bad connection.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Fauxfox117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to add the newest luma onto the sd card and see what happens- which specific files do I need? If this fails I'll see what I can do reopening the system.

Flaire

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So awhile ago I added cfw to my boyfriends 3ds and it has been working perfectly fine, downloaded a ton of games for him and hes been enjoying it. Last night I opened up his system to replace his d-pad and abxy buttons since the original ones were starting to have the paint chip off and become annoying when in use, however, when the system was put back together it now wont boot up with an sd card inserted, anyone have any idea what that might be the reason of? I feel like I didnt break the sd card slot since it only turns on when one isnt inserted so surely it can tell when one is put in right? Then so what might my problem be with cfw? It's been awhile since I hacked it so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will mention recently before this we upgraded the sd to a 64gb (I did reformat to fat32) but if that helps give any other info.
The one thing I can suggest is try booting without the sd card inserted.

D

Deleted User

i have the same problem, and the files from luma do not work, but it boots fine without an sd

Jjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably need the latest bios, just go to their github and reinstall luma replace the files in the same location e.t.c.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1