3DS with non-existent firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mochiman123, May 27, 2015.

1. Mochiman123
    OP

Mochiman123 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    United States
    This is my first time posting here as I have a slight bit of a problem I can't seem to find any information on. I recently downgraded my 8.1.0-19U firmware to 4.X using gateway and tried installing the gateway emunand until I realized it wasn't what I wanted. I wiped the SD card along with formatting the 3DS and then tried to upgrade from 4.x to 8.1 using my copy of smash bros. I somehow ended up with a firmware that apparently doesn't exist, 8.1.0-9U. Any ideas on getting back to a firmware higher than 4.x but lower than 9.2? And has anyone seen this problem before?

2. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    8.1.0-xx is an existing FW :)

When you upgrade by gamecart it doesn't update the 1 or 2 last digits

You updated from a 4.2.0-9u FW to 8.1.0 with a gamecart so the last digits stay 9

If you updated throu system update when it was out it will say 8.1.0-18 or 19
    8.1.0-19
    August 6, 2014; 9 months ago[10]
    System stability improvements and other adjustments
    Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
    8.1.0-18
    July 24, 2014; 9 months ago[14]
    System stability improvements and other adjustments
    Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

3. Mochiman123
    OP

Mochiman123 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    United States
    Ah, I understand now, thanks!

4. YourNerdyJoe

YourNerdyJoe Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2014
    United States
    iirc the number after the dash represents the web browser version which doesn't get updated by game cart updates.

5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Actually it's NVER that determines what the last number is. It's just that most of the time, the browser is updated when NVER is updated for any given update. But I'm sure there was an update in the past that didn't update browser but still updated NVER.

YourNerdyJoe likes this.