3ds turning off by itself

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BooBooBear, Dec 6, 2016.

1. BooBooBear
    OP

BooBooBear Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2015
    United States
    I tried following the 3ds.guide guide on upgrading my luma version, but now whenever I try to turn on my 3ds, it automatically shuts off. What should I do?
    Edit: Nevermind. Solved it by deleting the config file
    Edit 2: Now I am in section 3 and that just made my 3ds boot up with a stuck black screen when i hold select. To clarify, I can load up hourglass9 and the luma setup menu fine. I just cant get past that.

Last edited by BooBooBear, Dec 6, 2016
  2. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    If you have a9lh and are stuck in 2.1 which by your wording seems to be the case, then do a 9.2 ctr transfer like the guide tells you to instead of updating to the latest version (as you can't get to the homemenu).

What type of 3ds you have? Old or New? If you're on n3ds then DO NOT CLOSE THE LID.

3. BooBooBear
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2015
    United States
    I have a New 3ds. I am on the latest firmware. I already had a9lh working from sometime this summer. I just wanted to update to the sdless version.

4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela

Okay, can you describe your issue better then? You did the a9lh update and tried booting without the sd card? I don't quite understand your problem.

5. BooBooBear
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2015
    United States
    So I managed to fix my problem, and got myself into another. I downgraded to 9.2 using ctrtransfer, allowing me to go past the black screen. However, I am unable to perform a system update now.