Hardware 3ds shoulder buttons

Kennerc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to know if anyone had problems with shoulder buttons on 3ds.

I’m asking because I had a GBA SP that got a defective “L”, and the same happened to my NDS Lite. Would it also be common on 3ds?

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My o3ds has a messed up "L". I took it apart and cleaned it with alcohol, which worked for a couple weeks. I think it's just a design flaw in Nintendo handhelds.
Yeah i did that too, worked for a little while but the problem returned. I just hope my N3DS doesn't develop the problem.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i did that too, worked for a little while but the problem returned. I just hope my N3DS doesn't develop the problem.
I've learned to just live with it at this point. The parts are so small I don't want to risk losing them everytime I open it up. I havent heard of the n3ds having this problem yet though.

D

Deleted-379826

NDS lite, I have to blow but it stops working again after a bit, O3DS, because of my sweaty hands I'm guessing they hardly click and sometimes don't even get read! N3ds, I only ever once had to blow probably just a bit of dust!

Reactions: YugamiSekai

Kennerc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My o3ds has a messed up "L". I took it apart and cleaned it with alcohol, which worked for a couple weeks. I think it's just a design flaw in Nintendo handhelds.

I did some research back then and it’s said that if you blow on the button it should work, but it’s only a temporary fix.

I just think it’s funny, since I had this problem in two generations of handhelds, and never saw a PSP with this type of problem.

Reactions: WeedZ

Kvnrdrguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if anyone had problems with shoulder buttons on 3ds.

I’m asking because I had a GBA SP that got a defective “L”, and the same happened to my NDS Lite. Would it also be common on 3ds?
My o3DSs L And R Buttons Dont Work At All,But That Ones On Its Last Legs.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the ds's there was a rounded metal disc inside the shoulder buttons. Sometimes they would get dust or rust in there so it wouldn't make contact. You could take apart the ds, pry the button open and clean it. I haven't had that problem with any of my 3ds's, but they might work the same.

Kennerc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In the ds's there was a rounded metal disc inside the shoulder buttons. Sometimes they would get dust or rust in there so it wouldn't make contact. You could take apart the ds, pry the button open and clean it. I haven't had that problem with any of my 3ds's, but they might work the same.

Interesting, You'll need to take the whole ds apart or only the buttons?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Phat or DS Lite?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, You'll need to take the whole ds apart or only the buttons?
You just need to get to the buttons, so just the back.

DS Phat or DS Lite?
DS lite and DSi. I would assume it would be phat too because the GBA SP also has very similar shoulder buttons.

If it isn't that bad, blowing compressed air into where the metal disc is also works. You still need to open the DS and pop open the shoulder button, but at least you don't have to completely take the button apart.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS lite and DSi. I would assume it would be phat too because the GBA SP also has very similar shoulder buttons.

If it isn't that bad, blowing compressed air into where the metal disc is also works. You still need to open the DS and pop open the shoulder button, but at least you don't have to completely take the button apart.
The DS Lite doesn't use metal metal disc. It has a small button that the plastic part presses on and clicks in.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS Lite doesn't use metal metal disc. It has a small button that the plastic part presses on and clicks in.
The metal disc is inside the button. It's insinde this thing. You have to pry the button open.

HxMwSnc.jpg

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have the same problem with my L & R on my o3ds like most people here. Playing MK7 really broke my R button (kinda my fault for pressing too hard) & ACNL destroyed my L&R buttons since I liked to take pics of thing in game & I used to run by pressing L. Now I have to blow into the shoulder buttons every 30 mins or so. Gets kinda frustrating for games that require the shoulder buttons. :sleep:

death360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup having that same problem with my o3ds right button is busted but blowing air into it does the trick only for a while though.:hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol