3DS Runs RE 5 demo.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ikki, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011

3DS Runs RE 5 demo. by Ikki at 3:05 AM (1,912 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Ikki
    OP

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'm pretty impressed. Of course, it could have suffered slowdowns or something else (as it could have not, it's not detailed). But it got it running.

I really hope this can make haters eat their words.

NGP sure can be more powerful. But the 3DS is srs bsns too.

Sauce

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    >running a version of Resident Evil 5

A version that could be using down sampled textures and lower poly models, with the source not containing any evidence to prove the contrary.

It might be Resi 5, but it won't be Resi 5 as people know it.

vvvv: But the title is still misleading, an attempt to lead people into believing it's running the actual Resi 5 demo. The 3DS will run anything as long as the quality is decreased enough for it to be playable, which isn't impressive at all.

3. Ikki
    OP

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Of course it's a turned down version. We're talking about a 400*240 screen.

It still is RE 5 and if Ono was impressed, it couldn't have been for nothing.

4. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, it probably was scaled down, but cool news I guess.

5. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    Even if it is scaled down, it's probably just as scaled down as ports to the NGP would be, lower resolution, a little less polygons, but same quality of shaders.

This is neat though, if this is true, then it shows that the 3DS isn't weak, but the 3D does hold it back. Now, with 3D off, I'm not saying games could look like games on the NGP, but they would look pretty similar. Think of it like the 360 and the PS3, with the 3DS being the 360, and the NGP being in PS3. Games look similar, but obviously the PS3 is better in terms of power. Same thing for the 3DS and NGP, however, only if the 3D is not used for the game on the 3DS.

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Apparently it not holding it back, but making it better.

7. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    Never said it wasn't running in 3D, just saying if developers did turn 3D off, they could get more power. Still if this was all running with 3D on, and not to mention it was running very early in the 3DS's life, imagine what the 3DS could do later and with 3D off.

8. KingVamp

United States
    2D probably be made as good as possible, push to it very limit. When 3D is on, some 2d stuff may be lost, but that may be fix and made better with the 3D.

Even if it does hold it back, 3DS doesn't have to be super power anyway....

9. Taellon

Member Taellon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Developers have been saying it in interviews ever since E3, the 3DS is surprisingly powerful. It's no NGP, but it can definitely hold it's own. I think people who saying it's a weak system are just pessimistic based on what Nintendo did with the Wii. Nintendo learns from their mistakes and tries to correct them accordingly. Sure their not always successful(Wii friend codes not being any better than DS friend codes) but they try.

I expect the RE5 demo they had running on the 3DS looked similar to what we've seen of Mercenaries 3D or RE Revelations. Sure it has lower res assets and less polygons, but in action it still looks just as good as the 360/PS3 version of RE5. I'm amazed at how smooth the animation is.

10. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm curious to see an NGP resident evil game, to see how it stacks against the 3DS.

11. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Sure it can run some graphics heavy games... but will I be able to run Contra from the NES on it?

12. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    I hope so, not many systems can tolerate that kind of awesomeness.

13. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I can't even beat the damn Resident Evil 5 demo on the Xbox. The boss wont die and there are way too many zombies. Anyways, pretty cool it could run Resident Evil 5, which means with a little tweaking almost anything can be ported.

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Then you really suck at the game, although its really much more of a co-op game and is kinda mediocre in single player.

Still don't see why anyone would want Resident Evil 5 on the 3DS. It's definitely, as I said above, more of a co-op game and trying to make a co-op game on a handheld is just pretty stupid. It'll just lack all the good features of playing it on a PS3 or Xbox 360. Plus it lacks a second analog stick.

Also as said, my Wii runs CoD: Black Ops but it doesn't run nearly as well or with as many features as the Xbox 360/PS3/PC version. Same goes with, odds are, any possible RE5 game on the 3DS.

15. KingVamp

United States
    Second analog stick doesn't work as a excuse because they will work with it especially with the touch screen. You keep saying X game wouldn't work because of
    multiplayer/co-op, it like you keep forgetting about the wifi and download play. Not only did you compare a weaker system to the stronger ones, but a difference game.Plus you can't see if a 3DS game wouldn't work with all features just base on the wii, it two different things.

16. Fellow

Member Fellow GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This.

17. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Thanks. [​IMG] Anyways, yeah, that guy is a bitch! I knock him down, run up and hit him, and I continue to do that OVER and over again until that chick that's supposed to be helping me dies.