Gaming 3DS or psp2 for the win

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:
LOL, Nintendo humble? They're a company, companies aren't humble.

It's a strategy using "crap" components to limit the costs and production, that way, they can gain a lot with a "bad" hardware. They do this with all their hardware since after GC. And they'll gain a lot, they have good/loyal fanbase.

It's stupid to even talk about who will win this, we all know Nintendo will win even if the games are crap (just like most of the Wii games - I'm not talking about the first parties games). Just because of this loyal fanbase (also Pokemon/Mario/etc.).

What we can argue is if this time, the competition will be better than with PSP (it was more suscesfull in Japan): it just depends on the games. It have nothing to do with the hardware power, sony not being humble (lol) or crap like that.

EDIT: BTW, NGP is a provisory name, the console don't even have a name yet.
Yes, the main thing comes from gaming database. You may have mistaken me for a pure nintendo supporter but I'm not. I own consoles from the main companies and love all of them. If you search a little, you will see that Sony claims that their consoles are superior and the others were inferior and cannot even be compared. Sorry but I dislike arrogance even among the people I hang out with, needless to say a game. You may find it silly but seriously sorry I don't like it.

And I admit, NGP is a provisory name; and sounds far better than the PSP2 IMO.
Companies are arrogant. Even if not in public. There no saints on the industry.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:

It's a strategy using "crap" components to limit the costs and production, that way, they can gain a lot with a "bad" hardware. They do this with all their hardware since after GC. And they'll gain a lot, they have good/loyal fanbase.

It's stupid to even talk about who will win this, we all know Nintendo will win even if the games are crap (just like most of the Wii games - I'm not talking about the first parties games). Just because of this loyal fanbase (also Pokemon/Mario/etc.).

What we can argue is if this time, the competition will be better than with PSP (it was more suscesfull in Japan): it just depends on the games. It have nothing to do with the hardware power, sony not being humble (lol) or crap like that.

Yes, the main thing comes from gaming database. You may have mistaken me for a pure nintendo supporter but I'm not. I own consoles from the main companies and love all of them. If you search a little, you will see that Sony claims that their consoles are superior and the others were inferior and cannot even be compared. Sorry but I dislike arrogance even among the people I hang out with, needless to say a game. You may find it silly but seriously sorry I don't like it.

Yes. That's correct. But must they really show it?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
If hardware had any real bearing on this - the Game Gear would've beaten the Gameboy, the NGPC would've beaten the Gameboy Colour and the PSP would've beaten the DS. But guess what? None of them did and this NGP is no c-c-c-combo-breaker. It might make a little more of a dent than the PSP, but that's about it for Sony. Just like everyone else has learned over the last 20 years, the handheld market is Nintendo's market. They created it, they constantly reinvent it, they own it. End of story.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Stevetry said:
KingVamp said:
justinne14 said:
awssk8er said:
Also, I HATE the name "Next Generation Portable [NGP]". It makes them sound so arrogant and it's such a vague, stupid name.
NGP = Nintendo Got Pwnt
yaypsp.gif
Do we need to go there?

NGP = No good portable.
rolleyes.gif
NGP = NO GAMES PERIOD
NGP = Not Gonna Play

Eh, kid. But +1 to Wintrale.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I strongly believe teenagers will buy the NGP. In Singapore from what I see about 75% of us play PSPs. However it is common to see 20 year olds play their dsi on the bus (lol!)
Can you see 20 year olds sneaking around with their 3DS-es just to collect Miis or exchange SSFIV 3D profiles via StreePass ? Me not.

Do you know why IMO nintendo will win the battle once again?
IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMBLE!

Hahaha. They are winning because when everyone thinks "mobile gaming" they think "GameBoy, Nintendo, Mario, Pokemons". It's their great reputation.

QUOTE(awssk8er @ Feb 6 2011, 02:31 AM)
Also, I HATE the name "Next Generation Portable [NGP]". It makes them sound so arrogant and it's such a vague, stupid name.

Why ? This is the next generation. Power-wise, 3DS is comparable with PSP (yes, it's better, but not overhelmingly), and NGP is the next generation. Apparently, Sony aims to reach PS3-quality graphics on NGP, which makes it "next gen" even more...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pachura said:
Why ? This is the next generation. Power-wise, 3DS is comparable with PSP (yes, it's better, but not overhelmingly), and NGP is the next generation. Apparently, Sony aims to reach PS3-quality graphics on NGP, which makes it "next gen" even more...

It still spills out arrogance.

Besides, the 3DS is also next generation, have more power or not. The Wii is current generation and you can't compare it power wise to the other current generation consoles.

The fact that it's a powerful machine doesn't make it next gen, not at all.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
QUOTE said:
I strongly believe teenagers will buy the NGP. In Singapore from what I see about 75% of us play PSPs. However it is common to see 20 year olds play their dsi on the bus (lol!)
Can you see 20 year olds sneaking around with their 3DS-es just to collect Miis or exchange SSFIV 3D profiles via StreePass ? Me not.

They do need to sneak around,they will going around doing their business using streetpass proudly .

Hahaha. They are winning because when everyone thinks "mobile gaming" they think "GameBoy, Nintendo, Mario, Pokemons". It's their great reputation.

Actually when I think mobile gaming I think mobile gaming period.

QUOTE(awssk8er @ Feb 6 2011, 02:31 AM)

What that other guy said.
tongue.gif

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill get the one that is cheaper... ill have fun with both of em. why get the most (specs) robust when we dont even know if they wil get hacked..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:

That's not true at all. Sure, years ago that may have been true but in actuallity, now when one thinks of mobile gaming they think of the iPhone, the DS, and the PSP. It's not their reputation that makes them successful, it's their diverse library of games that appeal to every type of gamer and their kid-friendly interface. Plus, I'm PRETTY sure people don't think of Mario and the Gameboy when they think of mobile gaming. Also, Pokemon has no "s" even when plural, that's a pet peeve of mine.

MizuInu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:

Crap component? Bad hardware?

Nintendo wins with crap games (even if 1st party is not relevant)?

First of all, hardware durability, Nintendo have a fairly good track record for the last 30 years.

As far as I know everyone use crap component (low cost) to keep cost a minimum if possible.

Heck even Sony use "eco" friend solder for the PS3...which is the cause of YLOD down the road after 2-3 years usages and lot of heating and low ventilation.

All company a guilty of that.

Nintendo especially do not wins with crap games, you can verify they top sellers on Wii and DS, most are 1st party and you know Nintendo first party games are at least decent and people will enjoy (because I do).

Say what you want with Pokemon, even if the gameplay and what it offer are very conservatism (not as bad as Dragon Quest), it is tried and true and it work and most importantly fun for everyone.

In the end, Nintendo license is a huge draw. Everyone know what to expect from buying a Nintendo published and developped games, it got quality and tight gameplay and usually fun. You can't go wrong with a Mario or Zelda main title.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MizuInu said:
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:

Crap component? Bad hardware?

Nintendo wins with crap games (even if 1st party is not relevant)?

First of all, hardware durability, Nintendo have a fairly good track record for the last 30 years.

As far as I know everyone use crap component (low cost) to keep cost a minimum if possible.

Heck even Sony use "eco" friend solder for the PS3...which is the cause of YLOD down the road after 2-3 years usages and lot of heating and low ventilation.

All company a guilty of that.

Nintendo especially do not wins with crap games, you can verify they top sellers on Wii and DS, most are 1st party and you know Nintendo first party games are at least decent and people will enjoy (because I do).

Say what you want with Pokemon, even if the gameplay and what it offer are very conservatism (not as bad as Dragon Quest), it is tried and true and it work and most importantly fun for everyone.

In the end, Nintendo license is a huge draw. Everyone know what to expect from buying a Nintendo published and developped games, it got quality and tight gameplay and usually fun. You can't go wrong with a Mario or Zelda main title.
The "crap" was in quotes, it's not they are bad neither low quality, but old for the time, so the word "crap" was really a bad choice, sorry.
I said Nintendo first party games are excelent, I was talking about the tons of shovelware Wii and DS got. Nintendo, on other generations (like SNES) won because of the variety of games, not only first party, that's what I don't like on the Nintendo console today. At least the DS got a lot of decent third parties games, but I wanted to see the Wii on the same situation.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if that is so, does that mean we can make them normal if we hack it?
does this mean that with firmware update that that power could be used?
mod chip time!!!
emulators for gamecube could be done with this i think
of course this would mean awesome
but what is your source? how do you know?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
The 3DSs processors are overwhelmingly more powerful than the PSPs. They're both stock 700MHz each, though both underclocked down to 266MHz each.
Well yeah I would assume it is more powerful, however the PSP is in the past, and the NGP cpu pretty much annihilates the 3DS's cpu so the point is null.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS will destroy the NGP. I can't believe Sony are dumb enough to still think that rivalizing with Nintendo is possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: