3ds or not to?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by vodoochild81, Nov 16, 2011.

  1. vodoochild81
    OP

    vodoochild81 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    138
    1
    Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys, I have like 35 dollars in coupons at Kmart and was going to get Assassins Creed Revelations...The lackluster reviews is making me wait on it.. I was thinking of using the coupons instead to get a 3DS. So would it be worth it to get one for 135? You also get a 35 dollar coupon with the 3DS that I could use on on Mario Kart...ALSO i have a 15 dollar coupon I could use on Mario Land and get that pretty cheap....So in total I would be paying 165 for a 3ds, Mario Land and Mario Kart.

    Will my Dstwo card still work on the 3ds?

    I honestly was going to wait for the redesign of the 3DS and when there is a flash card for it but it seems like it might be too good of a deal to not just pick on up...My friend is a huge Nintendo fan boy and he says I should Prob wait, as if he didn't already own one he would of waited...if he says so then I'm like hmmm maybe I should, ha. Just wanted to get some more opinions from people.
     
  2. mysticwaterfall

    mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

    Member
    1,868
    294
    Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    Yes you should get it, and Yes the DS2 will work fine if you update it.
     
  3. vodoochild81
    OP

    vodoochild81 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    138
    1
    Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    Why though? Do you guys really love it? The redesign is how far off? How long do you think till it gets hacked?
     
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoxmanWTF

    BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

    Member
    1,145
    230
    Nov 22, 2008
    Canada
    Behind you
    I see it being hacked by... late 2012
    But the "redesign" that people are paranoid of won't happen for awhile, maybe two years after the Wii U comes out.
     
  5. thieves like us

    thieves like us chaos personified

    Member
    1,057
    16
    Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    if you already own a ds lite, dsi or dsi/xl, you could always trade it into to gamestop on black friday and get the flame red 3DS bundle (packaged with super mario 3d land) or the limited edition legend of zelda 3DS bundle (packaged with ocarina of time 3D) on the cheap

    the end price is 129.99 with the trade-in of a ds lite and less with either a dsi or dsi/xl
     
  6. vodoochild81
    OP

    vodoochild81 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    138
    1
    Mar 17, 2008
    United States

    Yea but the kmart deal is better and I would get to keep my DS. Besides I would need to keep my DS for the flash card updates no?
     
  7. mysticwaterfall

    mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

    Member
    1,868
    294
    Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    You can update the DS2 in the 3DS if you do it before you update the 3DS.
     
  8. junkerde

    junkerde Banned

    Banned
    483
    37
    Jan 3, 2011
    United States
    nope.
     
  9. TheZoc

    TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    24
    Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hope my previous topic helps you in your decision: http://gbatemp.net/topic/308685-nintendo-3ds-upgrade-worth-it/
    :)