Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

D

Deleted User

well here I am still using 2.0b2 since it was released. I must have rebooted it at least 100 times by now (I use it daily and power off to play new games).

What can I say... I like living on the edge :creep:

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So in order to change a couple of bytes that might make a region fix you are supposed to reverse all the code as there might be a booby trap in it that get's triggered sometimes when the code checksum has changed?
I suggest you reverse it to some c sources that can be recompiled to the original binary so that everybody can check for themself that no harm is done when those bytes are changed.
Don't forget to add an eula with at least: "use at your own risk, we can not be held responsable for damage to your console caused by using this"

Ryan Huang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really cute the way r4 is so useless they can't make their own products.

So far the only company to make anything is Gateway.
If you buy anything else, your knockoff flashcart might brick your 3DS.

I thought MT went different path than gateway (at least for anything beyond GW v1.2), so I think MT has their real own team (or one individual, who knows), good or bad.

Buying GW or not is debatable (given if they really put in the kill code, it still has a chance of back fire as long as it's loaded), but buying from the like of R4i, Orange, or 3DS Link is definitely a No No from my perspective, unless they can proof they are not relaying on GW in the future, but that's a whole different story by that time. Afterall, at least a few thing has proven about the three companies
1. They don't check their code thoroughly (copied from GW or not, they still should check the code and run test thoroughly before any release)
2. All three of them has a solid track record of bricking, caused by whatever reason, the firmware is released by them to the customers
3. They still haven't issue some kind of service bulletin on the home page to inform their customers to stay away 3.2 (or whatever version for Orange), just make it like the latest 3.3 update is no different than any other update, which almost make their users think the update is optional (for those that are unaware of the brick). For something serious like that, they should try every way to inform their customers, causing by them or not, but they make it like nothing ever happened.
4. They did nothing to compensate their users or offer any technical help after the brick outbreak, other than a new version of the firmware (some people said it's just the old one).

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or even better, let's stop modifying the new launchers of Gateway; they already offered the start point of development. Even the region free patch is available in their 1.1 launcher, I don't know why the guy didn't take the time to analyse how it works instead of just changing the loader to boot retail cartridges instead of the flashcard.

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided I'm gonna send my bricked 3ds to Gateway and see if they can fix it. It's gonna end up costing me $100, but I'm not too bummed out. After all, I can still use my other 3ds that i bought to play some games while i wait :D

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided I'm gonna send my bricked 3ds to Gateway and see if they can fix it. It's gonna end up costing me $100, but I'm not too bummed out. After all, I can still use my other 3ds that i bought to play some games while i wait :D

Well if they actually hold up their end of the bargain that it should only cost you the shipping to China, that is if youa re confident you only used it with GW's launcher and launcher.

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if they actually hold up their end of the bargain that it should only cost you the shipping to China, that is if youa re confident you only used it with GW's launcher and launcher.
Actually, I already told them I used the launcher made by Normatt. I dont care if I have to pay $100 tbh since it is technically my fault that my 3ds ended up bricked. I just hope that they might not charge me since I own a Gateway

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually, I already told them I used the launcher made by Normatt. I dont care if I have to pay $100 tbh since it is technically my fault that my 3ds ended up bricked. I just hope that they might not charge me since I own a Gateway

"Return your bricked console"

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhhh, ok. Well I'm hoping if they will return it without charging me the $100 shipping and handling fee since I did buy a Gateway 3ds, but I understand that it has a very slim chance of happening so I'm prepared to pay if I must.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work