Hardware 3ds having trouble recognizing games

Rife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately my 3DS will not recognize any card put in it, about 60% of the time. I have to eject and reinsert the card multiple times. No reason for this, there's been no kind of damage or anything. Has anyone else had this problem, or should I send it in to be replaced? It's still under Nintendo's warranty.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
You don't need our opinion, go ahead and do it. It's not going to get any better by itself.
wink.gif

Rife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this system is a little wonky with updates so if it was caused by that then it wouldn't need to be replaced. Currently I was using Spirit Tracks, which is in less than pristine condition due to being washed once, but still operable. The contacts were a little worn, that's all. Also I'm using Street Fighter IV 3D which is still in pristine shape, but suffers the same problem. I don't know why it would start acting up all of a sudden...

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rife said:
Well, this system is a little wonky with updates so if it was caused by that then it wouldn't need to be replaced. Currently I was using Spirit Tracks, which is in less than pristine condition due to being washed once, but still operable. The contacts were a little worn, that's all. Also I'm using Street Fighter IV 3D which is still in pristine shape, but suffers the same problem. I don't know why it would start acting up all of a sudden...

Call nintendo as soon as you can. But register the system on club nintendo if you haven't already to get those points! he he.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
are you sure nothing is inside the slot? (like dust food crumbs e.t.c) you should have a look just incase if not contact nintendo about the problem, i think that is your only solution right now.

Rife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing I can see, but unlike the DS systems, you can't see the internal contacts on the 3DS. I even tried blowing into it, a la the old SNES trick. I'm really hoping I don't have to send it in, cause then I'll be without it for weeks.
frown.gif
And registering is the first thing I do when I buy a system.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rife said:
Nothing I can see, but unlike the DS systems, you can't see the internal contacts on the 3DS. I even tried blowing into it, a la the old SNES trick. I'm really hoping I don't have to send it in, cause then I'll be without it for weeks.
frown.gif
And registering is the first thing I do when I buy a system.

well if you do remember to backup your files that you may have on your sd card and ask them about transfering software you may have purchased from the eshop.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to turn off your Nintendo 3Ds insert the cartridge then turn on the 3DS, actually this information comes in the manual page 31 and 32, I have a similar problem with some DS game and doing that I have no loading problem anymore.

Rife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does work sometimes. But sometimes, even after recognizing the card if I should close the 3DS and open it again the icon is gone, which kind of lead me to believe it was possibly a software problem rather than a hardware one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries