ROM Hack 3DS constantly crashes randomly

samthegamer2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm not 100% sure what the cause was for the constant crashing, but whenever it happens, I don't get an error message with information on what happened or anything. All I know is that before I used a Team Kirby Clash NTR Cheat plugin (I tried linking it but my account is too new to link it, but a Google search should point you in the right direction), my 3DS was perfectly stable. After using it, THAT'S when it decided to randomly start crashing for no reason. Can someone explain the problem and how to fix it if you can?

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm not 100% sure what the cause was for the constant crashing, but whenever it happens, I don't get an error message with information on what happened or anything. All I know is that before I used a Team Kirby Clash NTR Cheat plugin (I tried linking it but my account is too new to link it, but a Google search should point you in the right direction), my 3DS was perfectly stable. After using it, THAT'S when it decided to randomly start crashing for no reason. Can someone explain the problem and how to fix it if you can?
It's probably the instability and, well, newishness of NTR and 3DS hacks. I rarely have cheat plugins work. Reinstall the plugins and maybe Luma/NTR entirely.

If you're not on Luma, get it. It's the most stable 3DS CFW and most active as well.

samthegamer2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted the cheat plugins entirely a couple days ago and just now deleted NTR. I never used NTR before I installed this plugin so I don't think I'd really be losing anything removing it entirely.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but whenever it happens, I don't get an error message with information on what happened or anything.
oh there's always information to be gotten from a crash for instance.. does it simply hang with the power on? does the console power itself down? are the power lights affected at all? is there still sound playing during the crash? is it a black screen? Perhaps a white screen? but I digress
the questions I want to ask are
Is your 3ds firmware up to date?
Is your cfw up to date?
do you have another memory card you can use? If I am correct there is likely something in the improper place on your sd either that or a corrupt file exist on your sd ( likely caused by the cheat you tried to run
If you can download the latest luma3ds copy luma3ds to a new sd and see if the problem exist there

Oh and in the future if you install something and after you think is a problem do not uninstall it before seeking assistance. in some cases it becomes really really difficult to fix an issue without every possible resource available

samthegamer2004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would just hang on a black screen with me unable to do anything when I would open my 3DS after leaving it closed for a while. My 3DS firmware/Luma CFW are up to date. So far, uninstalling the plugin and NTR, and reinstalling Luma has stopped the black screens from coming up after leaving the console closed for long periods of time.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to avoid those problems, you can hex edit your TKC save file yourself or use an online save editor. Save editing is perfectly stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all