XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
TehSkull said:
ManFranceGermany said:
playing on my Iphone is just a pain, even that the screen is more responsive than the one from the DS, its still not half as good as feeling that u "press" on something(D-Pad etc.). Also, most games for the Iphone are just..mehhh....yeah they have really some good ones, but killing bird is the no. 1 so you see what for gamers are playing on an iphone.
That fact is why I'm excited for the Playstation Phone. A phone. With lots of games. That has a D-Pad and Face buttons.
Yea, but it still missing physical media...

I wonder, will psp2 go the download route? Major fail on sony's part if they do.
They lost my buy if they did.
dry.gif

going the download route will make it harder to pirate, but it will piss off a lot of potential buyers.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
going the download route will make it harder to pirate, but it will piss off a lot of potential buyers.
Wouldn't be able to have a game collection of something,trade,you have to have a account just to get a game and a lot of other problems.
ohnoes.png
!!!!

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Wouldn't be able to have a game collection of something,trade,you have to have a account just to get a game and a lot of other problems.
ohnoes.png
!!!!

yeah, it'll screw over people who still don't have broadband internet access. and whats more I don't think gamestop will like this either don't they make money from selling used games? Now I don't care much for chain stores but it doesn't look like a sound business strategy to do what apple is doing, going only download and only by Sony's rules.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
doyama said:
To be honest hacking is the least of Nintendo's worries. They should be panicking over the iPhone. I'm going to have a cellphone. Oh and now this cellphone has so many games, and I can buy them directly on the phone? So why am I carrying around this extra Nintendo brick that does nothing but play games?

Convergence is probably going to be Nintendo's worst enemy. Games on the Android and iPhone/iPad/Mac Store are really going to make people think about whether having a single device dedicated to games is really worth it. Why carry an extra device when you don't have to. Certainly anything you can create on the NDS/PSP is possible on a mobile phone these days (except with few exceptions). It's probably why the PSP2 is going to have an integrated phone. We'll have to see how Nintendo goes with it's next generation platform.
I disagree with the iPhone giving the same level of detail, gameplay, and graphic capability as a current generation handheld console release 2 years of each other.
Obviously, graphics can catch up given 6 years or so between iphone4 and dslite, for example.

I agree that convergence is something Nintendo have never handled well, and will trouble them.
Their first concern is games, and everything beyond that is an after-thought. It's always been that way.
They may converge to follow the trend and continue to profit, but the main area of their hardware will always be gaming, with tacked-on video/audio/etc.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
iPhone games are basically paid flash games for the vast, vast majority of them. In any case I hope there isn't a flash card for the 3DS, but hacking via the SD card slot like the way it's done on the Wii. 3DS Homebrew Channel would be divine.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They may claim to have got access but i pretty much expect that every single 3DS sold from the JP release is going to be using the latest firmware version rendering the hack useless and as since the 3DS auto update is going to make hacking harder.

and remember the number of wireless hotspots are growing rapidly. i expect there is a deeper answer to this like others i am starting to think that nintendo could be behind this to attempt to reassert the level of security they have implemented also add to that all the cracking that has been seen as been on dev units or protoype systems, they tend to have no security in order for the game teams to test games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I wish I could live in Arizona, though.