3DO and N64 joypad adapters

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Bonny, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I'am looking for adapters to connect various controllers to N64 and 3DO consoles.

Reason is simple: Original N64 and 3DO controllers are getting rare and expensive. I own 4 brand new N64 and 1 3DO Pad, but i never use them of course.

For playing, i'am using 2 NAKI 3DO Pads (:shit: - built quality) and 2 Dreamgear N64 Pads (:sleep: - built quality)

I know about SNES and PSX-2-3DO adapters, has anyone experience with these?

And i couldn't find anything for the N64... does an adapter exists, who makes it possible to connect alternative controllers to it?

2. DSAndi

DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2008
    Gambia, The
    You can ask Rapahel from www.raphnet.net to build you some adapters.
    I have quite a few to USB Adapters from him. That way i can use all the importent Joypads on PC.
    I only buy the pcbs and build my adapters on my own. I have one Adapter that can do PSX,N64, gamecube, Neo-geo and Dreamcast all at the same time with only 1 USB port.
    They are on a USB Hub inside the box.
    He already has quite some console to console adapters in his shop.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I know of numerous N64 adapters available for a variety of controllers but I've never heard of any supporting the 3DO - it's an incredibly obscure system, so you might want to start checking the pin-outs and wrapping something up yourself - it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to the DB9 standard. What I can tell you is that you shouldn't connect any controllers that aren't 3DO-compatible - the system does not follow the same standard as the Megadrive/Genesis or Atari and doing so without an adapter will result in breaking the controller. ;)