360 making noise

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Digeman, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009

360 making noise by Digeman at 10:58 PM (577 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Hey guys. Well i just got my 360 flashed from v1.4 to 1.6. All was well when i was playing my arcade games but as soon as i tried one of the newer games (prototype), just to see if everything was fine, i noticed the dvd reader sounding a heck of a lot more than it used to. So i tried another game i've played before (fallout3) and same thing there. The sound is exactly like the dvd is beeing read superfast, which ofcourse does happen, but for only a short time and then stops and reads the game normally. But in this case it never stops reading fast.

Now my question is since i just also updated my 360 to this whole new watchamathing and if that might be the cause of it? Or if there's something gone wrong with the flashing and made the dvd drive sound a lot more (or does it sound more when you have 1.6?). Since it wasn't me flashing, (and i have no idea how that shit works) and because i am a complete noob, makes me wonder what the heck has happened and why it's a lot louder now and if it is in some way fixable?

Any help is really apreciated. Thanks!

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I don't have an Xbox 360. Send it to Microsoft for a fix.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Wow! Thanks for the helping out

hmmm lets see, mind sharing what 360 it is (as in type), with the DVD drive brand?

4. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Oh yeah it's a BenQ. And i haven't noticed it making alot of noise before untill now.

5. Deano.2k8

Newcomer Deano.2k8 Member

United Kingdom
    1.51 or 1.6 are default read speed so nothink new from original read speed just drive ready for packing in my sammy been makeing a noise for like 2 years and still going strong lol done like the noise the just grab a cheap dvd drive from ebay and flash with your key from this noise one job done

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well that noise did start after the flashing so yeah i dont think it has to do with age. Well you could try reverting back to the original firmware, and then flash it from a fresh start with ixtreme, well thats your best bet if you ask me.