Hacking 2x PS4...transferring PSN games?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i have a 5.05 offline PS4 i have been using HEN on. I also have an up to date PS4 i download the free PSN games from i also have some purchased stuff on there.

Is there any way at all to move a PSN download to external then load it up on my offline 5.05 console. They both have the same PSN account on them. Or to officially use the external HDD on a PS4 does it get locked and formatted to that specific console rather than a user or account?

EDIT:

I know if it's two online official consoles this is possible. https://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-external-hard-drive-transfer-games/

Last edited by Dave_Chad,

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m not sure, you can try it anyway, but I think it will ask you to update because you downloaded the games on higher firmware, and you will not be able to run them without updating

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about this as well. What if I stick my internal 5.55 HDD into my 5.05 and I have older PSN (or digitally purchased games) that haven't had updates against them since 5.05. Will these games be available to play/dump in my 5.05?

I get that for newer games and games that have updates since 5.07 that the games would ask me to update my FW if I try to play them on my 5.05, but what about older games?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm...

I went on legit PS4 and downloaded Odd n Tasty from PSN. Copied it to HDD. Transferred to my hacked PS4 and it plays.

Transferred to internal, launched dumper, created PKG and installed and it ran [emoji7]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PR0r and Mo Poge

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm...

I went on legit PS4 and downloaded Odd n Tasty from PSN. Copied it to HDD. Transferred to my hacked PS4 and it plays.

Transferred to internal, launched dumper, created PKG and installed and it ran [emoji7]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming! Did you receive any error or warning messages about upgrading to the latest firmware when trying to play the PSN game on your JB PS4?

How did you "copy" the PSN pkg? Via FTP? Or did you just move the internal drive from the legit PS4 to the JB PS4?

Which game was it, by the way? Do you know if it had a recent (post 5.07) update to it?

Last edited by Mo Poge,

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
0.Both PS4s have my main Online account on them.
1. No error messages received. Just played straight away.
2. I formatted a spare 500gb external as internal storage. Downloaded my game, moved it to external storage. Plugged external into my JB PS4 and moved the game to internal all using official storage manager.
3. The game was Oddworld New N Tasty. It hasn't been updated for a long while possibly 2014?!

Reactions: Mo Poge

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, that's great info that I haven't seen shared before.

Other than the >5.07 games and <=5.07 games with newer updates, this should open up the potential library of accessible games for JB PS4s!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY