Hacking 2 Quick questions

EmperorCesar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends and I are importing Super Smash Bros. Brawl from Japan to play on an American Wii (bought on launch). There are a ton of hardcore smashers that are going through with this just for this game. The questios are:

1. I am going to order a Wiinja or Cyclowiz. Does anybody know from personal experience how well these work on original copies of Imported games? Does one work better than the other? Is there another modchip that is better than either of these? What is the best chip for playing ORIGINAL JAPANESE COPIES ON AN AMERICAN WII?

2. The chip will be useless to us once the American version of Brawl is released. Do I need to update or do anything to the chip if I'm not going to use my Wii for anything other than playing original copies of America released games? I am refering to system updates etc.

I know you guys get enough Smash Bros related questions, but I read several threads all over and could not find find the specific answers I was looking for.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
WiiKey, CycloWiz and Wiinja all uses the same patching method.
So no of them would work better than each other.
And dont expect brawl to work.
As Super mario galaxy only works on the region its made for.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

Super Mario Galaxy works on different region machines - i should know - the USA one works on my PAL machine. I believe the Japanese version works on NTSC U and PAL machines as well , so there is some hope.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a feeling that Nintendo has a little trick up their sleeves when it comes to copy protection and supersmash brothers.... I would wait untill it is released to see if there any problems!

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a warn. it is not 100% sure that an original Jap SSBB will work on a US Wii. it might work but you'll be very disappointed if it did not.

Super Mario Galaxy works on different region machines - i should know - the USA one works on my PAL machine. I believe the Japanese version works on NTSC U and PAL machines as well , so there is some hope.
a backup game or original? AFAIK an original US Mario Galaxy wont work on a modded Jap Wii. thanks!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

No, only the english ones (PAL / NTSC-U) work on PAL / NTSC-U console. The Japanese one will not run on english consoles, and the English ones will not run on Japanese Consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person