11.0 downgrade dsiware method questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ninjadudexp, Nov 25, 2016.

1. ninjadudexp
    OP

ninjadudexp GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2010
    United States
    So i understand what is being done, on the source 3ds what is lost besides the NNID? Like does cfw stay on it if i borrowed my friends to do this method. Anything he would be losing beisdes NNID?

2. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    You lose the NNID on the source 3ds, then you boot into hourglass9 (assuming you made a backup like you should of) then restore nand.bin, a week later you system transfer it back and he'll have a working 3ds and you'll have a hacked 3ds with no NNID, then you just create one :) This only works o3ds/2ds to o3ds/2ds or n3ds to n3ds. If its o3ds/2ds to n3ds you'll have to call nintendo to get both working NNID's

3. ninjadudexp
    OP

ninjadudexp GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2010
    United States
    awsome yea its going to be an 03ds to a n3ds the nnid does not matter to him it is a spare unopened o3ds just wanted to make sure itll still work after everything is said and done

4. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    To transfer NNID back to the original 3ds you could follow something like this - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...nid_back_after_using/?st=IVY9PQJQ&sh=3cd4dd2d
    It not the o3ds will still be usable, just not for online stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk