Hacking 1 quick question

zhevastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Your 3DS is behaving as though there's no SD card in it, so are you sure you restored all of your files, including the Luma3DS armloaderhax.bin? Without an SD card with a proper payload, A9LH will cause the 3DS to power off immediately after turning it on.
yeah that why im confuse. all i did is copy all then paste. im sure that all of it was there. thats why im confuse.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
use sd formatter.
also, you can delete the partitions in your sd through diskmgmt.msc

click your drive letter and remove all partitions (assuming you have backed up your files already)
delete both, (unallocated and the logical)
now fire up sd formatted, and format away (if you're using a bigger drive use easeus or fat32gui
restore back your files and you're good tog o
GL

Reactions: zhevastian

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Easus doesn't format your SD properly.

If you have another one (even a 2Gb one will do) copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to it and the luma folder.
Get the latest emunand9 from GitHub ( https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest ) and put the emunand9.bin in your payloads folder ad rename it to y_Emunand9.bin.

Boot your console while pressing Y and emunand9 will launch.
Go to SD Format Options, Format SD <No Emunand> Press B (No) for starter.bin and swap your SD with the one you need to format.
Let it do it's thing and when finish, press SELECT to eject the card and copy back your SD backup to it.

Insert your SD on console and press B then START and everything will be OK.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easus doesn't format your SD properly.

If you have another one (even a 2Gb one will do) copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to it and the luma folder.
Get the latest emunand9 from GitHub ( https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest ) and put the emunand9.bin in your payloads folder ad rename it to y_Emunand9.bin.

Boot your console while pressing Y and emunand9 will launch.
Go to SD Format Options, Format SD <No Emunand> Press B (No) for starter.bin and swap your SD with the one you need to format.
Let it do it's thing and when finish, press SELECT to eject the card and copy back your SD backup to it.

Insert your SD on console and press B then START and everything will be OK.
First, OP cannot get EmuNAND9 to boot. Second, EmuNAND9 is not required to format one's SD card properly. Third, the emuNAND partition has already been wiped, so there's no reason not to use one's computer to make sure the SD is formatted properly now.

As leerz said, try SD Formatter now that your emuNAND partition has been wiped.

Edit: As leerz said, you should also use Disk Management to check that you actually deleted the emuNAND partition. You might have just formatted it.

Last edited by Lacius,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For the emunand9 not booting, I only think that the FW is somewhat low.
What is weird is, if A9LH is already installed, then E9 has to boot.

E9 not necessary but is the easiest, simplest way of doing it. You don't need to add more programs to your Windows/PC.

Emunand partition was wiped but in a wrong way, or OP would be having problems.

And your opinions are valid for you, my opinions are valid to me so, all is good.

zhevastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got it working now guys. easeus is not the problem, its the way that i formatted it. i just made it primary. thanks to all of you. have a good day

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

E9 not necessary but is the easiest, simplest way of doing it. You don't need to add more programs to your Windows/PC.

And your opinions are valid for you, my opinions are valid to me so, all is good.
yeah E9 didn't work for me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet, it didn't. We troubleshooted it already but couldn't get it to work.

I agree, when it works.

The emuNAND partition was not wiped the wrong way.

We're discussing facts about how to troubleshoot an issue, what works, and what doesn't. Truth here isn't subjective.

ive got it working now guys. easeus is not the problem, its the way that i formatted it. i just made it primary. thanks to all of you. have a good day
Did you check to make sure you properly wiped your emuNAND partition and that you're not just loading your emuNAND again?

zhevastian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And yet, it didn't. We troubleshooted it already but couldn't get it to work.

I agree, when it works.

The emuNAND partition was not wiped the wrong way.

We're discussing facts about how to troubleshoot an issue, what works, and what doesn't. Truth here isn't subjective.

Did you check to make sure you properly wiped your emuNAND partition and that you're not just loading your emuNAND again?
yeah. the size of the disk can confirm it right? it back to the original size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters