0 blocks free help! (wii)

xMetallic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed some virtual console wads using yawmm file manager and when i go to the wii menu it says i have no space left. When I try to free up space by moving save data to my sd card it says that I dont have any blocks left. I can't do anything with my wii because i cant accses the main menu without freeying up any space.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There should be an 'OK' button below the message. Select it and you'll be re-directed to the 'Data Management' portion of the settings. As I have mentioned previously, delete or move any WiiWare or VC games that you may have on your system memory or SD card, as they tend to be larger in size, then re-install your WADs.

Reactions: impeeza

xMetallic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be an 'OK' button below the message. Select it and you'll be re-directed to the 'Data Management' portion of the settings. As I have mentioned previously, delete or move any WiiWare or VC games that you may have on your system memory or SD card, as they tend to be larger in size, then re-install your WADs.

ill delete some on the sd card because that is where they are.

ill get back to you if i have any more questions.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know that when you put games on the sd card it creates a shadow copy on the nand, correct? that's when you boot them. they do not get deleted after the gaming session either. you can find them on the nand iirc, and I think it's obvious which they are.

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you do know that when you put games on the sd card it creates a shadow copy on the nand, correct? that's when you boot them. they do not get deleted after the gaming session either. you can find them on the nand iirc, and I think it's obvious which they are.
I haven't thought about that, I always thought they were ran off the SD card.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't thought about that, I always thought they were ran off the SD card.
nope, the delay that occurs is it copying the game to the nand. I guess Nintendo figured that you'd come back to the game, and to boost time to play, they made it to where it stays on the nand. it does this on the wiiu as well with the vwii.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, hi