Recent content by Taleweaver

  1. Taleweaver

    The US is now at war with Iran

    If they attack anything, it'll be a cyber attack. Without rockets and the long distance, it makes far more sense than somehow conjuring the material to level cities from thin air. It's also where the US is at least relatively weak
  2. Taleweaver

    2026 Midterm Discussions

    I... Can't believe he actually said that. In a way I shouldn't be surprised with this guy, but... I am nonetheless. He flag out said that losing a few cities is a small price to pay for his stupid oil feud with Iran. I know this thread is about the midterms, but let me tell you this... If our...
  3. Taleweaver

    Stand off in Portadown

    Yeah... That 'woah' - smiley, indeed. I don't want to diminish @emigre 's feelings, but had the sentiment that this had been a conflict of the past. From here (and from an agnostic/atheist viewpoint), catholic vs protestant is like two identical twins fighting over supremacy based on abstract...
  4. Taleweaver

    Wind Waker static recompilation makes its way to PC

    So.. What's a 'static recompilation', exactly? ... And why should i care whether someone used ai on the project?
  5. Taleweaver

    Trump is the most corrupt US president in history

    I want to give props to Eric Schmith for giving a proper response to it. And by that I mean not only going off on a while conspiracy theory, but faceplanting spectacularly doing so. Schmith: were you or were you not on February 2024 watching a hawks game in Atlanta? Smith:... No? Schmith: AHA...
  6. Taleweaver

    Trump endorses Jack Paul for future political office

    It's politics! Is that a joke to you? I mean...I get why you think so... *looks at Trump* *looks at republican party* *looks at Jack* ...but it's a serious matter! Serious! Trump: I'll give myself the medal of honor. Just Kidding! Except I'm not kidding. :D Shut up, you!
  7. Taleweaver

    Trump endorses Jack Paul for future political office

    Who is this guy and why should I care?
  8. Taleweaver

    2026 Midterm Discussions

    Called it in my first post in this thread. I only have to add that Trump is the national emergency.
  9. Taleweaver

    2026 Midterm Discussions

    So...that's an actual quote, and not a theOnion fabrication? (I also had the wrong Kennedy envisioned. This isn't mr. brainworm, but that Southener who's...sorry. I want to say "also quite a cartoony character", but it might be unfair, as it's mostly the extra juicy bits that gain international...
  10. Taleweaver

    Both Phoenix Wright and Story of Seasons are getting VR ports

    With the steam frame making waves, this might not be an accident. VR console wars (or worse "VR wars") certainly sounds very sci-fi, but it's diminished by the kinds of games they're bringing. Valve: "we'll bundle in half life: Alyx" Meta: "oh, we'll bring...we'll bring...Ace Attorney VR!"...
  11. Taleweaver

    The US is now at trade war with Canada

    Though not wrong, it's not how I read it. To me, the real headline is that Trump unfreezes Russian oligarch money. This is just to even allow a small amount of fertilizer to be traded, which wouldn't even be needed if you had any reason to start a trade war to begin with. The phrase "fee waste...
  12. Taleweaver

    Mongolia President Bench Press 100 Kg 20 Times on Visit

    ...and on another meeting, a four star Mongolian general who attended a meeting in the local government also took off his jacket and gave a thorough analysis on the oil reserves' impact on the forecasted GDP growth in Mongolia. B-)
  13. Taleweaver

    Far right party wins German state election

    I have to admit I actively do'nt inform myself on this, as it's both close to home (fairly literally), and I'm unable to stop. So...we have Geert Wilders (PVV) in the Netherlands, Marine Le Penn in France, a brexited UK somewhat to the East, Vlaams Belang within Belgium and now AfD in Germany...
  14. Taleweaver

    US to station troops in Greenland permanently

    Sure thing! If there's still money left after paying off the military. And interest on debt. And tax breaks. And the financing of 5000 dollars for each citizen. And Trump's vanity projects around DC. ...but education and heathcare are important, so yeah...you'll get some. :)
  15. Taleweaver

    Are there any modern games that require the player to note stuff down?

    I finished that one without problems. Sure, it's a metroidvania, but you have a map and it's not that confusing. I've not played much, but can confirm that Chants of Sennaar definately fits (heck...it's about learning a language). I now see that my previous entry used auto-correct to change...