Recent content by such

  1. such

    GameStop hikes refurbished PS5 Pro price to $1399.99, above MSRP

    GTA6 both for this industry and for the consumers is less a release and more passing stool after the constipation of a lifetime.
  2. such

    GameStop hikes refurbished PS5 Pro price to $1399.99, above MSRP

    I suppose the question now is: can Rockstar beat the emulation scene to GTA6 on PC? As far as motivation goes this is the perfect storm... for both contestants.
  3. such

    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered' launches today

    With GOG you're getting what you're getting. Final releases is a sensible approach, personally I'd like the initial releases to go with them, but GOG aren't in the preservation game, so it's all perfectly fine (/s). 1.32 is final OG, 4.04 is nextgen. AFAIK with Steam you should be able to just...
  4. such

    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered' launches today

    This should've been a separate game on consoles. Looks same or worse (Series S), runs objectively worse. Stutters and crashes on PS5 Pro, and if I were Sony I'd be putting CDPR under a microscope after the CP2077 debacle. On PC I can roll it back to whatever I want, I can even install the retail...
  5. such

    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered' launches today

    I'm sure. Fairly elegant. GOG technically offers more granularity, but it's more confusing the way they organised it. You get 2 entries in your library, both of which say it's Remastered and look identical at this point. One follows the original pre-GOTY version, the other is the GOTY branch...
  6. such

    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered' launches today

    Steam and GOG offer all three major iterations for download. There is nothing to crack. 3rd DLC will for sure require 5.xx. Gameplay changes are quite minor, though some of them are very neat, like Geralt tracking targets differently, so you're not slashing through air most of the time...
  7. such

    'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered' launches today

    Broken on release, as is tradition. Lowest framegen makes the game MORE jittery, there's issues/suspect path tracing behaviour, and ray tracing in general seems to result in GPUs hitting a hard fps ceiling for no discernible reason, effectively making 5080 and 5090 cards equal, with 5070Ti not...
  8. such

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    That's not the discussion. The fact of the matter is, Valve took tried and true hardware, cut costs where they could. The design stands out, not the specs. The issue is, the parts crisis puts that more budget-oriented design in direct competition with premium headsets. Exactly.
  9. such

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    It's not cutting edge, though. Valve hardware never is, that's not how they operate.
  10. such

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    If I were Valve I'd offer a severely (as much as possible) cut down streamer-only version. Half the current price is so that you can play HL Alyx for 40 minutes at a time, in worse quality. It's impressive, but not super attractive even excluding the part crisis etc.
  11. such

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    The killer app for VR is users modding VR support into old games, and the biggest player in VR somehow both spends billions on and also does seemingly nothing with VR. I truly don't get it. It's plain VR needs to get opened up to grow, but the need for those quarterly figures to look good...
  12. such

    Steam Frame price revealed, waiting open until 17th September

    For this price VR can rot for all I care. There's maybe a dozen games worth checking out in total, most of the stuff out there is disposable game-adjacent "experiences" scattered on several mutually exclusive platforms... And here I am wanting to get excited for VR. A decade and a half in...
  13. such

    Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

    Whatever GZDoom may have been, UZDoom appears to be where the development is happening these days.
  14. such

    Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

    AFAIK UZDoom is the one to use at this point. GZDoom hasn't been updated since May 2025 and even zdoom.org is listing it as "historic" - effectively deprecated.
  15. such

    New Witcher 3 expansion announced, set to launch in 2027 for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series

    Well, the point is the game is still treating all of Sapkowski's writing as canon. You'll get more out knowing Emhyr from the novels than you will out of knowing the entirety of what happened in W2, basically. As to Geralt that's up for debate, and depends on your definition of "completely"...