Recent content by Scarlet

  1. Scarlet

    Wind Waker static recompilation makes its way to PC

    I guess I can contribute to the conversation here and say that it is actually pretty easy with AI. I have a functional recomp for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate that I'm in the process of play testing with a friend of mine that builds for Windows x64 and ARM. Took maybe a week to get to a...
  2. Scarlet

    Majora's Mask 3D gets its own single-screen experience as a custom Azahar fork

    It wasn't too long ago we reported on a mod for Ocarina of Time 3D that enabled you to play the game entirely on a single screen. Having just launched yesterday, it turns out Majora's Mask 3D is getting similar treatment, though in the form of a custom Azahar fork. When launching the game...
  3. Scarlet

    Can you reset sleep time pretty easily?

    Oh yeah I do it whenever I take time off work to play games lol. Usually up at 5am when working but can sometimes stay up until 2 or 3 if I’m really into a game (and am not working). I just set an alarm to make sure I have around 6hrs sleep if I need to swap from late nights to early mornings...
  4. Scarlet

    Tempcast AI Recomping Controversy, PC Games on Switch and more (ft. Scarlet) - Tempcast #99

    Even with a lot of VRAM at your disposal (I tried on a Mini PC with 128GB of unified memory) the local models just don’t seem to handle complex tasks. I’ll admit I haven’t revisited it in a while though. I’m sure they will get better.
  5. Scarlet

    'Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and 'Shadow of War' launch on Nintendo Switch 2

    It's 30 with some uneven frame pacing. Nothing close to as bad as Persona 3 Reload was at launch, but definitely not perfect.
  6. Scarlet

    Wind Waker static recompilation makes its way to PC

    Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A fork of BlueWake, a static recompilation previously targetting iOS, the creatively titled Wind Waker Recomp has just launched on...
  7. Scarlet

    Homebrew Homebrew game [WIP] P3P3DS - Persona 3 Portable Statically Recompiled for New 3DS

    I feel like this should have maybe been shared once it got past the point of being ports of the ATLUS and CRIWARE logos lol Either way, best of luck to you. I'm all for seeing more wacky ports. Might also be an idea to add a disclaimer that you are indeed driving development and not just...
  8. Scarlet

    Hardware How to get a Zelda Switch 2? They sell out in seconds

    Argos have stock for delivery in the UK right now if anybody is interested.
  9. Scarlet

    Firmware 23.0.1 released for Switch and Switch 2, makes games sometimes boot faster

    Well that didn't take long. Right on the heels of the latest Atmosphere update, Nintendo fire back with a firmware update of their own. Bumping both the Switch and Switch 2 to firmware 23.0.1, we surprisingly see no additional system stability this time around. Instead, we get a boost to how...
  10. Scarlet

    Homebrew Atmosphere v1.12.0 released, adds support for Switch firmware 23.0.0

    It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has just released, with the headline feature of course being the initial support for Switch firmware 23.0.0. You can find the full...
  11. Scarlet

    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Remastered announced, Switch 2 release confirmed along with free upgrade on all platforms

    I guess it's worth adding that the download is already available on Switch 2. I think it went live yesterday, though the unlock is probably around when you said.
  12. Scarlet

    ROM Hack New Pokemon Emerald ROM hack presents the Hoenn region from an entirely new perspective

    At this point you're probably thinking you've seen everything Hoenn could possibly have to offer. You've seen bigger routes, smaller routes, Game Boy Color graphics, difficulty hacks, projects that bring in the entire modern Pokedex. But in all that time one thing has remained constant: the...
  13. Scarlet

    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd gets a static recompilation port for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android

    That and Gen U. Capcom will never port them to other platforms, somebody needs to.
  14. Scarlet

    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd gets a static recompilation port for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android

    The third generation of Monster Hunter contained, in my opinion, some of the best games of the series. Going back to it nowadays, it manages to strike a solid balance of old world charm, all while managing to hold off a good chunk of the awkwardness associated with the earlier titles. Though...
  15. Scarlet

    Both Phoenix Wright and Story of Seasons are getting VR ports

    This is definitely the boat I’m in. Story of Seasons looks fine but it really doesn’t look like it enhances the experience any. Phoenix Wright I could imagine exploring the crime scenes and acting out the trial theatrics being really fun.