Recent content by lval

  1. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    I completely forgot to post results (too busy playing the Wii), my apologies. It worked perfectly for me. The way I understand it is, Wan's cios installs in slot 249 (which is unused by any update). So as long as the disc update is from your own region, it shouldn't have any ill effects to...
  2. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    Oh I am such a noob, huh? Thanks for putting up with the trivial questions, it makes perfect sense. I will report back after I run the update.
  3. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    I thought the big thing was the Oct 23 update (which I thought was the bug, and is 3.3v2 and 3.4)...
  4. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    I hoped this was the case. May I ask another question? Since I am at 3.3v1 I do not have the "trucha bug", my understanding is 3.4 has that. Is it the case that the bug blocks the install of cios 249 ver 10 rather than searching it out and deleting it? I am assuming this is what you mean...
  5. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    I have read a mixed bag of comments about wan's updater, and preloader for that matter, (some love it and others get bricks -- and I don't mean to insult those who love it or the man himself). But, I am not sure if I am prepared to take the risk. Is there a way for me to safely and easily go...
  6. L

    Hacking Can I safely run the EA Active update on my Soft Modded Wii?

    I know this really sounds like a noob question, and why the hell would I want to update my Wii? Well my girlfriend got the legitimate version of EA Active, and it wants to run an update. She "needs" to be able to play the game through the disc channel rather than loading it through BLG to...
  7. L

    Hacking Help with Backup Launcher "exception (DSI) ... code dump"

    I am having problems with backup launcher gamma. I have installed the cios 249-v7 with no problems. I can load BLG and it says 249 at the bottom (like it should). But when I launch backup I get "exception (DSI) occurred...code dump..." and my screen freezes (and I have to physically unplug the...
  8. L

    Homebrew exception (DSI) occurred Please Help

    sorry about that, thanks
  9. L

    Homebrew exception (DSI) occurred Please Help

    Anybody have any ideas? Am I screwed?
  10. L

    Homebrew exception (DSI) occurred Please Help

    I am having problems with backup launcher gamma (I hope that falls under "homebrew". I have installed the cios 249-v7 with no problems. I can load BLG and it says 249 at the bottom (like it should). But when I launch backup I get "exception (DSI) occurred...code dump..." and my screen freezes...