Recent content by Kitocco

  1. Kitocco

    Homebrew AstroCore brings Super Mario Galaxy to PC via full decompilation

    Something like what DolphinVR had where we could play it like a large onlooker while Mario zips across planetoids would be really cute! I was thinking something akin to the Link's Awakening remake but that just sprung outwards (heh). Would be even cooler in Mixed Reality/Passthrough view in...
  2. Kitocco

    Homebrew AstroCore brings Super Mario Galaxy to PC via full decompilation

    Hey, powered by Aurora! The same compat layer on the Dusklight port! Really cool seeing it on another project like this. …wouldn’t it be really funny if this got a Android port with dualscreen support, bringing the old Super Mario Galaxy DS video full-circle?
  3. Kitocco

    Homebrew Autorun - Play Windows PC games on your Nintendo Switch.

    Speak for yourself. The tool sounds fine enough & I don't blame anybody for using it, especially in these times when the DRAM Cartel & datacenters are making most stuff 40% more expensive. I just have other means to play PC games on ARM by far more personable people.
  4. Kitocco

    Homebrew Pokemon recompilation project gen1recomp adds FireRed and LeafGreen to its list of supported games

    If life is so short then it should’ve been a problem that decomps took “so long” years ago. Suddenly now devtime is a problem that "you'd be stupid NOT to use AI to solve" to people (who probably already have ROM, let alone game libraries in the hundreds). People said the same thing about...
  5. Kitocco

    PSP-inspired frontend XOrA gets early access trailer, public release to follow in November

    The difference is a matter of intent. The effect is the same. "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" is down the hall to the right.
  6. Kitocco

    Homebrew Pokemon recompilation project gen1recomp adds FireRed and LeafGreen to its list of supported games

    I appreciate the due diligence for disclosure on frontpage articles, at least. I won't act like the headline-chasing, slapdash projects like this didn't happen in the past, but it's nice people can still sniff out a rushjob from afar. And telling when people get defensive of said rushjobs.
  7. Kitocco

    Homebrew Pokemon recompilation project gen1recomp adds FireRed and LeafGreen to its list of supported games

    They just said "at least it was reviewed by a human". I think that's a reasonable ask for the Glorified Autocomplete Machine (that we're all indirectly paying for with higher hardware prices & tax breaks to millionaires even if we're not using it). But shoot, guess I'm as good as Anti-AI if I...
  8. Kitocco

    Paper Mario PC port "Paper Boat" gets its first public release

    I dunno, you tell us. The burden of proof is on you. Personally, I think giving credit when due is good for maintaining trust & mutual respect rather than devolving into a Clout Free-For-All where everyone’s trying to get one over each other. Cuz frankly, who WOULD feel obligated to keep...
  9. Kitocco

    Paper Mario PC port "Paper Boat" gets its first public release

    Like I said on another thread, I think it helps to look at this from the viewpoint of asset flips. Nothing wrong with asset use, but when it substitutes basic tenets of game development or any semblance of vision... we can tell. That said, I'd love to assume most devs use local LLMs to assist...
  10. Kitocco

    Paper Mario PC port "Paper Boat" gets its first public release

    By that logic why bother recompiling games when 2+ decades of emulation research are behind us? Most emulators already work fine. I think we're in a good enough place where waiting however long for polish isn't so much to ask. A barebones port job indistinguishable from emulation or a...
  11. Kitocco

    How we cover AI-assisted projects - GBAtemp community check-in

    Seems pretty weird to make digs at a "multi-paragraph meltdown" while typing so much yet making no proper rebuttals. Hope when a lifeguard just says "No running near the pool!" in your general direction you're not feeling as attacked. The silver lining about AI disclosure mandates is how it...
  12. Kitocco

    'Metaphor: ReFantazio' opens Nintendo Switch 2 pre-orders

    I couldn’t get enough of this game. I played P5 Royal & P3 Reload, and this has to be my favorite incarnation of the time-management dungeon crawler formula to date, doesn’t feel like it overstays it’s welcome either! I beat it once on PlayStation (when it came out, before… y’know), and got real...
  13. Kitocco

    How we cover AI-assisted projects - GBAtemp community check-in

    Your wording of “not my problem” was why. Sure, it’s not the technology itself at fault. It’s the major players using enough electricity to power a small town. From what I’ve seen, it’s either a general disclaimer like with WiiCompiled (which seems fine, I just don’t have a PAL copy), or the...
  14. Kitocco

    How we cover AI-assisted projects - GBAtemp community check-in

    Because investors & shareholders tend to research where their money goes, and a high "user" count is a nice boasting & persuasion point of companies to get more funding. Especially "daily" or "recurrent users". Kind of like it's a binary metric they can easily abuse to manufacture consent... I...
  15. Kitocco

    How we cover AI-assisted projects - GBAtemp community check-in

    Okay. I care about what’s going on in Memphis because I’m black, myself. And I know eventually these things come for us all. Way ahead of you on wanting solar & nuclear, and blaming the people rigging things in their favor (as shown by mentioning Nvidia & Palantir) And that’s not what LARP means.