Recent content by hiroakihsu

  1. hiroakihsu

    Resident Evil (2026)

    I have not played the outbreak games myself, although I've heard people say that this movie does feel a lot like those outbreak games.
  2. hiroakihsu

    Resident Evil (2026)

    Since I've seen it, I will say that I didn't think it was Return to Silent Hill-level bad (as in bad CGI and dubious creative choices)...the film was mostly very tense, dreadful, terrifying, and very effective as a horror movie; it was shot and structured in a way that often felt like you're...
  3. hiroakihsu

    Resident Evil (2026)

    Rotten Tomatoes rating for this is currently at 96%, while Metacritics score currently at 80. I saw it yesterday at an early screening, and it was very much unlike any of the previous RE movies; I suspect people are going to either absolutely love it or absolutely hate it.
  4. hiroakihsu

    Godzilla Minus Zero

    Sequel to Godzilla Minus One, coming this November:
  5. hiroakihsu

    Colony (2026)

    Finally saw this at a preview screening...Reminded me a lot of Train to Busan, but I found the plot to be too convoluted and not as easy to keep up with.
  6. hiroakihsu

    The End of Oak Street (2026)

    I was at an early screening for this...Gotta say I really liked it...Very reminiscent of the Spielberg films of the 80's/90's; the dinosaur action sequences were cleverly shot and were really tense, terrifying, and sometimes brutal (despite being a PG-13 film).
  7. hiroakihsu

    Hope (2026)

    Nice...I see your pun there.
  8. hiroakihsu

    Hope (2026)

    Official international trailer:
  9. hiroakihsu

    Sony is moving away from physical discs, will soon only release PlayStation games digitally

    Sony (and the greater gaming industry in general) just seems to be constantly testing the bottom line of its customer base to see how much further they can get away with...2028 will be physical discs, then who knows what could be next? Eliminating digital ownership altogether and moving toward a...
  10. hiroakihsu

    Sony is moving away from physical discs, will soon only release PlayStation games digitally

    Well that's it...I've decided that I'm no longer going to renew my PS Plus subscription again at the end of this year...Also this would pretty much make piracy the only viable way to really "own" any future games.
  11. hiroakihsu

    Backrooms (2026)

    Just got back from an early screening today...I will just say that it was pretty intense, immersive, very disturbing, and stayed pretty faithful to the aesthetics of the Kane Pixel Youtube series.
  12. hiroakihsu

    Resident Evil (2026)

    The director has stated in an interview that this film won't feature any of the canonical characters from the game, so take that how you will.
  13. hiroakihsu

    Resident Evil (2026)

    OK before anyone of you says "Not another live-action Resident Evil movie!"...This is from Zach Creggar, director of Barbarian and Weapons.
  14. hiroakihsu

    Hope (2026)

    Western theatrical release this Fall.
  15. hiroakihsu

    Colony (2026)

    A new zombie film from Yeon Sang-Ho, director of Train to Busan: This one features a new original story in a different timeline from the previous zombie films the director did, and it seems to be going back to the style seen in Train to Busan, featuring mostly practical effects.