Homebrew beup help

• Thread starter Deleted-119707
  • Start date
  • Views 11,276
  • Replies 38
D

Deleted-119707

OP
i have the final version of beup live, it worked. but lateley i keep getting errors. it says : ssl connect failed.

i left it to try to connect repeatedly, a new message came up:

Connection to d2ef3641
Cannot connect to the MSN dispatch server.

any help on this will be apriciated.

-=-nicky-=-

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Mine won't connect either. Mine can't even get the host info from the DCHP or whatever. It usually works fine. I think beup maybe dead cause theres a lot of threads around the internet saying it won't work.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I think Microsoft has fucked with non-MSN clients compatibility, recently, I was using Pidgin for all my IM needs (PC app) and BeUP on DS, one day Pidgin stopped being able to connect and it was around the same time, my brother noticed BeUP wasn't connecting either.

Since then I have tried Beenut, Trillian and a couple of other non-official MSN clients for the PC and none of them have been able to connect, or have disconnected within 30 seconds of signing in, so I reluctantly switched over to the official MSN client (Windows Live, whatever) and suprise suprise, it worked straight away and has worked ever since.

If anyone has any idea how this could not be down to MS, I'd be interestd to hear it.

D

Deleted-119707

OP
well windows messenger works... its not really msn though. beup is based on windows messenger. you change your name on the windows messenger, log in to beup, your name is changes aswell. noticed the no personal message? beup and windows live messenger are the same....
if windows live messenger works... beup should...

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
nicky041192 said:
well windows messenger works... its not really msn though. beup is based on windows messenger. you change your name on the windows messenger, log in to beup, your name is changes aswell. noticed the no personal message? beup and windows live messenger are the same....
if windows live messenger works... beup should...

You forgot one fact. Beup is ds-based , MSN is Computer based This makes a diffrence . Along wih that probably the author of that has done something which prevents our access... Or windows have changed something in their source code of MSN , I'm actually thinking that lately Windows Messenger has changed too
much for the BeUP homebrew to keep up..

Unless he updates I think that it won't work.
Maybe.. Maybe maybe maybe.. if windows changes back to the old engine.. I'm not sure much will come out of it.

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Devil_Spawn said:
how it works is that one of msn's secure servers has an ip address, this ip address has changed, however beup does not support DNS (which would allow it to automatically grap the IP) and so it is hardwired, and needs fixing. This can apparently be hex edited.

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
HtheB said:
Devil_Spawn said:
Any chance we can get a fix for beup? it looks like the dns has changed.
even better, allow the ip to be set in an external text file!
I will try to make a automatic dns lookup
smile.gif

i can only assume that means there is a fix on the way
smile.gif

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
This maybe happen because actually microsoft changed the Windows Messenger and MSN API. I'm a IT developer which uses a lot of microsoft products and around the time BEUP and other clients stoped to work, microsoft anunced the so called SP1 for Visual Studio 2008, along with some changes in all the "Live" apis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1