Hacking CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.4 Released!

Fis2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Public release:
1.4 final

Changes:
QUOTE said:
* Homebrew soft reset added, allowing you to reset back to the CycloDS Evolution GUI from almost any homebrew software with a simple button combination
* BETA GBA support added, allowing you to launch GBA games directly from the CycloDS GUI. ROMs are automatically patched when necessary, and save files are managed automatically by CycloDS (which are compatible with GBA ExpLoader). Either CycloDS Mini/Micro or EZ3in1 is required for GBA support
* Both NOR and PSRAM mode supported for GBA ROMs via EZ3in1
* NDS Pokemon Wii Pokemon Battle Revolution connection fixed for all regions
* Added option of booting from slot 2 in either NDS or GBA mode
* Added support for new 3in1 cards
* 16-bit bitmaps now supported (skins + GBA frame)
* Increased the number of allowed fragments, which should reduce the "filesystem too fragmented" error
* Random skin selection has been made more random
* When using EZ3in1, NDS Browser auto-patching now works after soft-resetting from a rumble enabled game
* Game compatibility fix (2343)
* Miscellaneous reliability and user-friendliness improvements

Also a new manual with new features:
evo-manual-1.4.pdf

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I take it back.

Good to see it being final!
biggrin.gif

Post this on the news too.

Gnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I STILL haven't been able to download it, they SERIOUSLY need to just pay for a better damn server.

I have to leave on a week-long trip tomorrow and I really want to get my CycloDS updated...

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gnintendo said:
I STILL haven't been able to download it, they SERIOUSLY need to just pay for a better damn server.

I have to leave on a week-long trip tomorrow and I really want to get my CycloDS updated...
its actually uploaded on gbatemp... so dl it from here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2679

hope you have fun with it! I sure am

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
Yay!! That was quick. They will add ingame guide for V1.41 (they said)

They've been saying they have an in-game text reader and it will be adding it "soon" for a lot of months now. I"ll wait until it's actually in the firmware before I believe anything they say about this again.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
ferrariman said:
Yay!! That was quick. They will add ingame guide for V1.41 (they said)

They've been saying they have an in-game text reader and it will be adding it "soon" for a lot of months now. I"ll wait until it's actually in the firmware before I believe anything they say about this again.
They mentioned a long time back that the ingame text viewer would NOT be in v.1.4, but did also mention that they had plans to add it soon, so I'm inclined to believe v1.5.

IMNHO an ingame text reader is entirely useless w/o a search function which, AFAICT, none of the card currently with ingame text readers have a search capability. Useless w/o search to me mean thats any of the games that I'd be interested in the feature for have TONs of info, and scrolling through a huge text file line by line or para by para is just NOT generally useful as compared to features like realtime save, soft-reset from homebrew, 3in1 GUI integration, etc.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
IMNHO an ingame text reader is entirely useless w/o a search function which, AFAICT, none of the card currently with ingame text readers have a search capability. Useless w/o search to me mean thats any of the games that I'd be interested in the feature for have TONs of info, and scrolling through a huge text file line by line or para by para is just NOT generally useful as compared to features like realtime save, soft-reset from homebrew, 3in1 GUI integration, etc.

It's not that hard to search through the text to find what you want. Trust me, I've been doing it for a year now with my SCDS1. So even without a search function, this feature is far from useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night