Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

GBAtemp Tournament Announcement!

Club House Games / 42 All-Time Classics

42atctourn_l.png

We are happy to announce the Official GBAtemp Tournament #3: Club House Games / 42 All-Time Classics!

THE RULES

The rules for this tournament are quite simple; however, it is advised that you read them very carefully!
  • A match is played by 8 persons simultaneously.
  • In one match, people will play one round of each of those four games: sevens, darts, word balloon, balance, in no particular order.
  • The person ranked first to a round (ie. Darts) gets 8 points, the second gets 7 points, the third gets 6 points... etc.
  • The winner of a match is the person that gets most points after all 4 rounds.
  • In case of a draw after all four games are played, the impacted players should play another round of Balance to determine the winner.
  • Cheaters will be severely punished and will be permanently banned from the entire GBAtemp network. Cheating includes both the use of software cheat codes and physical cheating -- for example a ruler to adjust your aiming in Darts.
  • To every match will be assigned a specific topic on which all 8 players might discuss the game and post the results of the game (not necessarily every match detail but at least the name of the winner). On this topic, people should also exchange friend codes.
  • By default, the host of a game should be the member with the oldest registration date, although you may come to an agreement with the other members of your group to define another host.
  • The tournament is open to all our members and newcomers. And please bear in mind that registering multiple accounts is forbidden.
As you may have noticed, Word Balloon is one of the unlockable games. However, the game needs to be unlocked by the host only; other players don't need to have the game unlocked. Anyway, it can be unlocked very easily (Finish Level 1 in Stamp Mode) so we thought a little bit of training can't hurt! But if you're the real lazy kind, we will provide savegames in which the game is unlocked.

THE DATES

On the last two tournaments, we had allowed people to decide of their own date and time for their match. This time, we believe this would be an impossible challenge; so instead we have decided to define global match dates. Everyone will have to respect the fixed date & time. If someone doesn't show up on time, they are automatically eliminated. So, before registering we recommend that you make sure you are available on that date & time before you register. Registrations will be open before this sunday (the 19th) and will close one day prior the match dates. The match dates are:
  • Round 1 European & African time zones: Sunday 26th of August, 4:00pm UTC
  • Round 1 American time zones: Sunday 26th of August, 4:00pm Pacific Time
  • Round 1 Asian & Oceanian time zones: Sunday 26th of August, 4:00pm GMT+10
We will be posting e-mail reminders to all participants one hour prior the rounds of each region. Another important point: we will sort people into 3 groups (Europe & Africa, America, Asia & Oceania) according to the country flag you have selected in your profile, so make sure you have correctly completed your profile.

THE PRIZES

Last but not least, the winners will be rewarded with the following prizes:

mystery.png

A MYSTERY prize donated once again by our good friend thieves_like_us!
A supposedly "very rare, Nintendo licensed" product that is very hard to get hold of.

prize-wii.gif

1st Prize: A brand new Nintendo Wii with an extra nunchuk and wiimote, and any two games!

prize-nds.gif

2nd Prize: A brand new Nintendo DS Lite with any two games!

prize-gba.gif

3rd Prize: A brand new GBA SP/Micro with any two GBA games!

Our affiliates helped us finance these awesome prizes. We send our utmost thanks to all three!

Â
Â
Â

ConsoleSource, KickGaming and TwoSlots.
All three of them are excellent and reliable shops; so if you're looking to help GBAtemp, the best way is to buy from them!

In the name of the GBAtemp Team, I would like to thank all of you for participating and also our affiliate for their constant support. Have fun!

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I live in Spain but I'll be on Chile the 26th for Round 1. Is it possible for me to register?

EDIT: Thanks for the quick reply Costello, I'll try to find some wifi spots to play that Sunday.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing Prizes!
biggrin.gif

Been anticipating this one since the first announcement. Will be glad to try it.

Edit: Question I had after reading all the rules, if I live in a house where there is 3 ds owners, wife, me, son, is it possible for only one of us to enter? Thanks for the clear up.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a complete newb (never even played the game) but I will try to play it anyways
tongue.gif
Better to have fun then do nothing. I'll practice my ass off anyways. I'll try to be on the required date but I don't know if I could.

And also, AWESOME prizes!

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
woah that's hot. you guys hold the best tournaments. *runs off to practise*

edit:

actually you suck cos im working then lol =p

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So many factors meaning I can never attend this tournament

1. I have to freakin work on a Sunday
2. I haven't played Club House Game much so I'll lose at the first hurdle

That said, I can't wait to see a Mario Kart Wii competition.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully I'll be able to participate while hanging out at the Penny Arcade Expo that Sunday... anyway, great news, thanks for doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...