jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My 360 has started reliably freezing after 1 hours play. Common sense says the 3RLOD are on the horizon, but I'm not even upset about it. In fact, I'm a little excited!

Time to crack open my 360 for the first time and do the x-clamp mod. Fun, fun, fun!
biggrin.gif

I love that type of thing. Pulling things apart and reassembling them is fun. I think I'll put some lighting in there too. Maybe get a new xcm shell. And a talismoon fan. And have a crack at flashing the firmware. I need to start flashing 360s. Lots of money to be made
wink.gif

I couldn't be arsed with opening my 360 before, but now I'm gunning for it!

Fun, fun, fun!

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happened to my 360, I ended up doing the x-clamp fix and I also changed the fans. It was actually not that hard to do. Good luck and you should definitely flash your 360.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xclamp doesn't always work, and it doesn't do anything to fix the problem. While your box is still working, I suggest putting it in a PC case with a much larger heatsink and personal fan for the GPU. Good luck.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used this method: lawdawg0931's X-Clamp Replacement. It worked for me, but I also put arctic silver 5 thermal compound and I changed the fan to talismoon whisper fan. Most 3rlod are caused by overheating like mine was, but some are because of bad solder joint (like my cousin's). It can't be fixed by the x-clamp method, but the towel trick will work on it.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toot.gif
FIXED IT!!
toot.gif

Bought an XCM unlocking tool (I can completely strip a 360 in under 5 minutes)

Used Arctic Silver Ceramique instead of Arctic Silver 5.

Installed a Talismoon Whisper fan for extra cooling.

Will be installing an XCM add-on fan for even more cooling. They're supposed to be really noisy though, so I'll be soldering to a 5v power source on the motherboard.

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
Lawdawg0931
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Pretty straight-forward. If you have the RLOD and no warranty I say go for it :yay360:

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck man, I hope it keeps working. I fixed a 3RLOD once, but I didn't add any extra cooling, and it died in less than a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-