Hacking Anyone bought from nowplay.co.uk?

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I got my dad to buy the G6DS Real for me through his PayPal account, and he went to Amazon which supposedly redirected him to nowplay.co.uk and he bought it from there. I looked at the website and it looked suspicious. I searched on google and of the twenty-something results, the only comment I could find on them was negative.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having problems with nowplay.co.uk with a G6DS. I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and it's taken a dispute with paypal for them to confirm my order.

They said on Tuesday they had sent it out but it's Saturday now and no sign of it.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
When did you order yours? Someone contacted me on MSN who is in exactly the same position and he hasn't received his order yet either.

If I don't get mine next week I'm going to try and claim the money back through paypal.

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered mine on Friday. I'm freaked out now because the only comments I have heard to do with this site have been people not getting their orders...

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
I was fairly surprised to see no comments about them on the internet. According to their reply to my paypal dispute they are overrun with orders and can't keep up with them. Funny how that isn't reflected on the actual site when you order.

I'm starting to think it might be a huge scam especially considering the 'free delivery' they offer.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i got my r4 from amazon as well. actually it was a retailer not related with amazon but it did used it for the payment (i hope i'm phrasing that in a meaningful way). i wouldn't trust a redirected site. i'll check nowplay..

edit: whois

Website Title: Nowplay.co.uk: Walkera, Syma, Esky, Helicopters, Planes, Cars, Boats all at nowplay.co.uk.
blink.gif

IP Location United States - California - Long Beach - Univision
blink.gif
blink.gif

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neither would I but there you go, I'll just phone them tomorrow and if they don't have it at my door then I'll dispute with PayPal and make sure no-one buys from them again. Ridiculous.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah this topic should be stickied at least so that no-one else gets screwed over.

It's worth noting that whoever runs nowplay.co.uk runs zappies.com as well as that's where my payment went to. No feedback for them on the internet either.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
at least those guys exist ^^ and you can get to the one or the other way unlike the one from dsnation who just ::disapeared::

i have known cases where someone had ordered a gbxchanger from hong kong and those people never bothered to send it. occasionaly they would reply to him telling him that they have shipped it, other times that they are currently out of stock...

after about a month or so he eventually wrote an email/letter to the hong kong police telling them what happened and send them his email transactions and any evidence he could get and told them that companies like that harm the image of their country
rofl2.gif
(the guy was from us or eu can't remember) sometime latter he received an appology email from the company and that they have dispached it and a few days ago he eventyally got it

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be fair, I don't know they've scammed me yet. If they have then I will report them and get my money back form PayPal and just buy it from MrModChips.

EDIT - Has anyone bought from model-gadget, they've got the 16GB model so I may as well buy that if nowplay don't come through..

withnailed

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered the M3 Simply from www.edirectory.co.uk on 17th June. It was to be sent from www.nowplay.co.uk within 2 - 3 working days - that was 5 weeks ago! Any emails I have sent to nowplay are ignored and any attempt to phone them leads to high blood pressure. They have now charged my credit card twice and still no sign of tracking number or anything. Got in contact with edirectory to cancel order and be refunded. They said that the floods in the UK have badly affected nowplay and they will ensure I get refunded. I am now going to have to contact my credit card company and cancel it myself. Stay well away from www.nowplay.co.uk.

Has anyone had a good experience?

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
5 weeks? I was going to give them a few more days before I claimed my money back through paypal but that seals the deal.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
I've made a claim with paypal, if nowplay don't respond by August 2nd I automatically win the claim.

Absolutely useless company, has anyone ever actually received something from them?

flai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They said that they've been badly affected from the floods but they shipped out my G6 Real today. He said he'd text me back with my tracking number but he hasn't yet...

withnailed

Trophies
XP
Country
I was told over the phone that my order was in the post on Monday (2 weeks ago) and that I could expect the tracking code emailed to me that day. (You know by now where this is going). Have heard nothing from them and have received no email or package. They took my enquery as an oppurtunity to charge my credit card a second time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1