Hacking To all the Wiikey haters - check out their site

Padreko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed my Wiikey last night successfully (thanks for everyone's help). But here was something I could never appreciate during all the time i spent browsing the forums - the heaps of complaints about the developers for wiikey not caring about their customers. I hope this is a lesson to you all (patience is a virtue).

From the wiikey.cn website
[07.07.17] Update RC1 now with beta testers

A release candidate for the long-awaited update for wiikey was delivered on Friday night to some of our beta testers. This is the final step to releasing the highly anticipated and long delayed update for wiikey.

In all development work there are unforeseeable delays, and wiikey is no exception. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their support and patience!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess it's good that it's coming... or maybe it's just to falsely raise our hopes again. Here's hoping though!
grog.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all we need now is 10 guinea pigs... I mean volunteers to test the update when it comes out. Either way I don't think this is gonna magically give me access to play Hajime no Ippo or Naruto.

5 Clone users
-
-
-
-
-
5 Genuine users.
-
-
-
-
-

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a genuine which I just switched for wiifree. If update actually materializes, Im definately gonna put the wiikey back and try it.

Trauma Centre, yus!
laugh.gif

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Doesn't matter if they release something now. They've lied too many times. Don't trust these assholes. Buy a Wiikey clone and install the latest Wiikey firmware on it. Don't give them your money.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
What could the update possibly offer anyway? Full region free is impossible because of the restrictions of all chips isn't it?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've heard it will add:

- full region free
- wii homebrew
- dvd 9 support (so 2 wii games on 1 disc)
- n64 emulator with 100% compatibility

or maybe not
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could the update possibly offer anyway? Full region free is impossible because of the restrictions of all chips isn't it?Audiofix. Nothing else though, and Wiinja Deluxe has had both since the beginning.
It should also have DVD9 support, like lenselijer noted (but NOT for Wii mode, so no "2 wii games on 1 disc." Just a crap-load of GC games). But all that other stuff he said is bogus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1