Hacking G6 Real cheat codes !

its-my-right

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all, I am french so sorry for my bad english.
I read on the gbatemp review that on the mini cd was a rar file with cheat codes inside...but not on mine ! there is only system files for JP, En, and Ch !
So I wanted to know if you could explain me exactly how to create my own cheat codes files, or better, where I can download them ? because I searched but found nothing...

thanks a lot to you !

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I did was download the AR Code Manager.

Then, I compiled a .xml for (U), (E), and (J) cheats. And then just put those .xml's onto my G6 DS Real.

There was a thread explaining how to do it, but I guess it's gone. So I'll try to make a you a little walkthrough.

Before I go on with the tutorial, I uploaded my own cheat files(.xml's). So you can just throw these on your G6 DS Real:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OT3E3MUP

But...I'm also going to go on with tutorial, just so you know how to do it, or if anyone else wants to know how to do it.

Download the Code Manager:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGF8N0QS

Now install the Code Manager onto your computer.

Now open the Code Manager. And under the part that says Subscriptions, you'll see Codejunkies US Games, Codejunkies EU Games, and Codejunkies JP Games.

Right click on Codejunkies US Games, and click Copy. Then go down to the box that says My Code Lists, and right click on my code list, and click paste. Let the cheat codes compile, and do the same for the EU and JP cheat codes.

Now, after you have compiled all the cheats, go into C:\Program Files\Datel, (or wherever you installed the Code Manager onto your computer).

In the Datel folder, you will see a file named Local_Codelists. And in there, you will see three .xml files. Each .xml is for the (US), (EU), and (JP) cheats.

Now, just put these on your G6 DS Real.

I believe I made a folder on my G6 DS Real called Cheats, and put the .xml's in that.

Now, whenever a new game comes out, wait a day or two, and new cheats will probably be in the Code Manager for that game. So in other words, update your .xml's every now and again.

Hope this helps.

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a few questions

Hey so where do you get AR Code Manager???
I assume this AR Code Manager is made by the Action Relay people/datel (nothing o do with the g6/m3 people)?
If m3/g6 dont handel the codes then how well do you think the cheat codes will be supported?
Also are their codes for all/most games like JP/Japanese releases?
Finally how long do the codes take to be released?

Thanks

Also thanks h8uthemost for that post (should be a sticky!!!
smile.gif
)

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so where do you get AR Code Manager???
Somebody actually posted the link for the Code Manager over at SCdev.org. But the thread has been deleted, and I can't find it for download anywhere else. So I just uploaded mine.

I assume this AR Code Manager is made by the Action Relay people/datel (nothing o do with the g6/m3 people)?
Yes, the AR Manager is made by Datel. Nothing to do with the flashcarts.

If m3/g6 dont handel the codes then how well do you think the cheat codes will be supported?
The flashcart has to support cheat codes for this to work. So if your cart supports cheat codes, then you should be able to use these. But please don't quote me on that, since I'm not positive about it.

Also are their codes for all/most games like JP/Japanese releases?
Yes, there are codes for US, Europe, and Japanese games.
Finally how long do the codes take to be released?
Usually within a week(usually) the codes will be released for a new released game.

Also thanks h8uthemost for that post (should be a sticky!!!
smile.gif
)
No problem.

Thanks a lot for your walkthrought, it works perfectly now !
Glad it helped.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for that, i just received my G6DS Real and it's really helpful, no need to manually create action replay ds codes anymore.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoopsie, I've got me some problems.

Nice walkthrough, but in my Action Replay Code Manager (which I downloaded from the above link) the Subscription windows is empty. There is only a gear icon with the text "load failed" next to it. The buttons in the window don't do much for me either.

The Nintendo DS window just says "Waiting for DS" with the waiting-for animation rolling.

The "My Codelist" window is similar to the subscription windows as it only has an entry called "My Custom Code List" which you can extend to also get the gear icon with a "Load Failed" message below it.

I'm horribly left without a clue of how to do.... the cheat files you had prepared before worked perfectly though as I put them on my G6 real!
happy.gif

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have tried the pre-made cheat package and also made my own in the instructions provided no cheats at all show up on my G6 Real any idea way? or how to fix this, any help would be awsome

thanx all

Ok thanx but I just got it working
wink.gif

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to see it working Tuddles!

I, however, still have troubles with the automatic AR code manager. I'm pretty much fine with using the manual code input for the few games I might need help with, but it would of course be so much nicer if I got this feature working as well.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugly_rose, I really don't know how to help you. I just un-installed the AR manager from my computer, then downloaded it again from the link I provided, installed it, and everything shows up just fine.

So unfortunately, I don't know enough about AR to know what's going on with your problem.

But what I did, was upload my actual Datel folder, that is in my Program Files. So maybe this will work for you. I don't know...give it a try.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2BLPKL2

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn...what is not working for you ugly_rose? Just the action replay manager, it still won't show the codes? I have no idea what's going on. It works for me and others.

All I can suggest is to find it somewhere else to download, or I can compile new .xml's for you so you can put on the cart.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From whose official website? G6 or AR? If you're talking about the G6 site, look at my tutorial. If you're talking about something besides AR codes(like homemade codes), then just Google it. I'm sure you'll find something.

xmedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the subscriptions section of the Action Replay code manager there is a "Adds a new subscription source" button. Does anyone know of any compatable place to use?

OptimisticPessim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ugly_rose said:
Glad to see it working Tuddles!

I, however, still have troubles with the automatic AR code manager. I'm pretty much fine with using the manual code input for the few games I might need help with, but it would of course be so much nicer if I got this feature working as well.

Sounds like you don't have the MSXML parser installed. A friend from another forum helped me out when I reported this error too.

You might want to install this if your OS is XP...

Mcsparton

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
h8uthemost said:
All I did was download the AR Code Manager.

Then, I compiled a .xml for (U), (E), and (J) cheats. And then just put those .xml's onto my G6 DS Real.

There was a thread explaining how to do it, but I guess it's gone. So I'll try to make a you a little walkthrough.

Before I go on with the tutorial, I uploaded my own cheat files(.xml's). So you can just throw these on your G6 DS Real:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OT3E3MUP

But...I'm also going to go on with tutorial, just so you know how to do it, or if anyone else wants to know how to do it.

Download the Code Manager:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGF8N0QS

Now install the Code Manager onto your computer.

Now open the Code Manager. And under the part that says Subscriptions, you'll see Codejunkies US Games, Codejunkies EU Games, and Codejunkies JP Games.

Right click on Codejunkies US Games, and click Copy. Then go down to the box that says My Code Lists, and right click on my code list, and click paste. Let the cheat codes compile, and do the same for the EU and JP cheat codes.

Now, after you have compiled all the cheats, go into C:\Program Files\Datel, (or wherever you installed the Code Manager onto your computer).

In the Datel folder, you will see a file named Local_Codelists. And in there, you will see three .xml files. Each .xml is for the (US), (EU), and (JP) cheats.

Now, just put these on your G6 DS Real.

I believe I made a folder on my G6 DS Real called Cheats, and put the .xml's in that.

Now, whenever a new game comes out, wait a day or two, and new cheats will probably be in the Code Manager for that game. So in other words, update your .xml's every now and again.

Hope this helps.
when I open my g6 real 3 files come up. the three files are music nds and system. which file i put the codes in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1