Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

R4 DS Loader 1.08 (beta)

For those of you that missed it...

r4ds.gif
The R4 team have recently released version 1.08 beta of the R4 DS loader. Here's a rundown of what's new:
R4 said:
1. Automatic recognize slot 2 adapter, support NDS and GBA games card. (credit to cory1492)

2. Customable frameset for loading slot 2 GBA games. (save your gbaframe.bmp to _system_ directory)

3. Backup/Restore game saves. (press SELECT to switch to Display Savefiles, choose the SAV file and then press A to backup, chose the BAK file and then press A to restore)

4. Support deleting file and empty directory. (Press X to del while highlighting the corresponding file or directory)

5. Bug fixed for 0970 save problem
download.gif
Download R4 DS Loader 1.08 (Beta)
icon11.gif
Official Site

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice update once again very useful, can I ask is the calendar still in this version? i find the back up saves very useful, especially when you want to change sav files.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! this is why r4ds is the best slot 2 cart out there

Yeah, r4 is totally the best slot 2 cart out there, sgadzookie80. I totally agree with you.

Some would say Mewiga is cruel...some would say sgadzookie is just misguided...I say that the ability to delete files is awesome. Just hope it doesnt find some way to corrupt mSD cards
sleep.gif

and for bobrules...
QUOTE(Rayder @ Apr 2 2007, 06:21 AM)There is only two files that need to be put on the card in this update.  Just overwrite the  _DS_MENU.DAT file on your R4 and add the gbaframe.bmp to your _system_ folder.

...Multiple themes still work as before.

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to put different skins in the r4 folder so they are switchable in the r4 menu itself?
i know that you have to press start at the main menu to change skins, but where do you put the multiple skins in the micro sd card so they are switchable in the r4 main menu?

i have seen many people do that, but never could quite figure it out.

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to put different skins in the r4 folder so they are switchable in the r4 menu itself?
i know that you have to press start at the main menu to change skins, but where do you put the multiple skins in the micro sd card so they are switchable in the r4 main menu?

i have seen many people do that, but never could quite figure it out.

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

They go in the "_system_" folder. Create one folder called "themes" in the "_system_" folder (no quotes) and then inside that folder create 12 folders called "theme01", "theme02"...ect. all the way to "theme12" (again, no quotes) and put one theme per folder.

All set!
grog.gif

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you HAVE to fill all the folders if you don't want to. I just put a theme in each folder and set it to rotate monthly.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
This upgrade rulez ^^ now i can play my pokemon sapphire without getting the R4 out of the slot ^^...

i still wonder if they will make an option some day that let u see the NDS firmware... so i can change name, day, time, etc... without getting the R4 out either =( but right now... who cares =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans