Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

DSLearn J ver 0.3

Japanese flashcards

Here's another update to zarxrax flashcards based, Japanese learning homebrew.

dslearn1.png

zarxrax said:
After many months of working on this on and off, I was just about ready to give up, but over the past few days I made some significant progress. Here's a new version just to let people know the project isn't dead. It still has a bit of a way to go before it's very useful.

Changes:

• Renamed the project from DSLearn to DSLearnJ, to indicate it is intended for learning Japanese.
  • Can display Japanese characters now! Thanks to Benjamalin!
  • DLDI support to load files.
Known Issues/Limitations:

• Don't use the quit option from the pause menu. It's better to restart your DS.
  • I don't know what will happen if you put a lot of text on a card, or have a lot of cards.
  • If cards are not in the correct format, it will probably lock up.
Upcoming:

I plan for the next version to support 3-sided cards (english, kana, kanji), have some options, cleaned up interface, fix bugs and have more stable code.

download.gif
DSLearnJ ver 0.3

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope there is more of these types of games. There are far too many DS Japanese learning games but they actually require basic knowledge of Japanese before you can even use them. I remember seeing a Kanji flashcard app on the PSP. I hope something like that appears soon on the DS

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love how someone took the initiative to make something like this, I hope you inspire more people to help you on this.
I'm totally gonna try this out, thanks!

Q~

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, after your next build with english, kana, and kanji i'm sure I (as well as other people in my school) will start using this app constantly. We all want to learn japanese as our 3rd, 4th, or 5th languages but starting off is really hard. :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1