OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 afterschool detentions, apparently because I haven't been keeping up with my homework. Bullshit. This whole year so far I have missed only about 5 assignments. Worst part is they last until 5:00. My dismissal time is 2:32. I have to be there for more than 2 hours. I wouldn't mind if it was until 3:45, but seriously, 5:00?! I don't need more than 2 hours to finish my homework. I'm considering just not going to them and getting a ISS. I'm so pissed. I hate my school so much, all of the head staff are idiots.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently debating whether to just skip the afterschools, or go and arrange something else with my vice principle. I would much rather have lunch detentions than after schools.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
I'm currently debating whether to just skip the afterschools, or go and arrange something else with my vice principle. I would much rather have lunch detentions than after schools.

Do either of those. 5pm is absurd.

I had to do a few afterschools like that. I did one, and skipped the rest. Though this was elementary school, so sneaking out before the teacher noticed was kinda hard.
It was stupid too, because it would be because I missed one assignment, had to do it after school, finished in 10 minutes, sat there for 2 hours. Instead I just went home, did it in 10 minutes, and did something freakin' interesting.

My school was odd. Miss an assignment? After school detention till 4 or 5.
Get into a fight? a stern talking to. By stern I mean "Are you sorry?" "sure" "ok, don't do it again"
Good times.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I understand that dude, school here has a bunch of bullshit rules. I get in trouble for not having my shirt tucked in or for wearing a hat. There more worried about the stupid dresscode then the education we're receiving, its pretty stupid. If I were you I'd homeschool or some shit. I should have but its my senior year so I decided to go ahead and finish it. Worst Idea ever haha

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
Yeah I understand that dude, school here has a bunch of bullshit rules. I get in trouble for not having my shirt tucked in or for wearing a hat. There more worried about the stupid dresscode then the education we're receiving, its pretty stupid. If I were you I'd homeschool or some shit. I should have but its my senior year so I decided to go ahead and finish it. Worst Idea ever haha
Homeschool, yeah right. I've decided I'm going to talk to my vice principal and see if I can arrange something else. If not, I'm just gonna blow them off until I get an ISS.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Lolcat said:
I understand, My teacher gave me five in a week because i didnt do math problems the way she wanted me to, and my way was easier

That used to make me rage so hard. I figured out ways to do math problems, usually eliminating on the average 1 to 3 steps, but the teach always made me do it the long way. What a bitch.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank your god your school isn't as bad as mine.
1) The lockers are the size of a tiny box that like would fit your backpack if you squished it in and they cost $100 bucks each. Literally $100.
2) Without the locker, my daily back pack is heavier than myself so they basically force you to pay $100 bucks.
3) If they see you holding a phone at ANY time, whether it's off, or in recess or hidden with a cool teacher they permanently take the phone and will NEVER return it so that's like risking my iPhone + Sim Card + Contacts and all that crap + they will give you detention.
4) The school cafeteria is cheap. The food is horrible. They only sell turkey and cheese sandwhiches. And they sell this weird thing called Saj which is like this arabic thing everyone LOVES. 3 things on the menu that's it. If you want stuff like drinks or salads and whatnot then you need to PREORDER it at least a day early then you pick it up on the due date. (Retarded system)
5) If a teacher quits or is fired, they will a. Either bring some human out of a random crowd who never taught in his/her life before. (That's what happened to me when my teacher died) or b. They will leave you teacherless for a whole year and you MUST do the term exams = Fail. (Happened to me, my old Eng teacher hit a kid so hard her jaw cracked and her mouth on the inside was bleeding A LOT for 3 days)
6) They want them moneys. Scouts which is only 4 camps in a year and the "camps" are basically school sleepovers in the Kindergarten classes costs $350 dollars.
7) If you call and complain, they insult you.
8) Boys are separated from girls. Cruelty much?
9) I am better than the nurse. She gave a girl with throat infection panadol.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
School started to be less bad since I went a level lower (thanks, mister "I don't give 0.1 point so that a pupil can continue on the same level", now I'm on GT...). Teachers are actually nice. they actually listen to me. My French teacher is awesome. I missed the class/lesson before a test, because I had to go to the orthodontist, so the day after, I told him I couldn't revise well enough because I missed lots of information, and missed the lists of words we had to learn. He just told me to make the test the day after, which I completely forgot about. Anyway, afterwards, I told him I'd forgot about it, and we set a day that I'd make it, which would be one hour after I'm out of school, so he just told me to make it the lesson after. Also, we had some crackers/toast with French cheese on his birthday.
happy.gif

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
1) The lockers are the size of a tiny box that like would fit your backpack if you squished it in and they cost $100 bucks each. Literally $100.
2) Without the locker, my daily back pack is heavier than myself so they basically force you to pay $100 bucks.
3) If they see you holding a phone at ANY time, whether it's off, or in recess or hidden with a cool teacher they permanently take the phone and will NEVER return it so that's like risking my iPhone + Sim Card + Contacts and all that crap + they will give you detention.
4) The school cafeteria is cheap. The food is horrible. They only sell turkey and cheese sandwhiches. And they sell this weird thing called Saj which is like this arabic thing everyone LOVES. 3 things on the menu that's it. If you want stuff like drinks or salads and whatnot then you need to PREORDER it at least a day early then you pick it up on the due date. (Retarded system)
5) If a teacher quits or is fired, they will a. Either bring some human out of a random crowd who never taught in his/her life before. (That's what happened to me when my teacher died) or b. They will leave you teacherless for a whole year and you MUST do the term exams = Fail. (Happened to me, my old Eng teacher hit a kid so hard her jaw cracked and her mouth on the inside was bleeding A LOT for 3 days)
6) They want them moneys. Scouts which is only 4 camps in a year and the "camps" are basically school sleepovers in the Kindergarten classes costs $350 dollars.
7) If you call and complain, they insult you.
8) Boys are separated from girls. Cruelty much?
9) I am better than the nurse. She gave a girl with throat infection panadol.

Holy crap... I thought my school was bad... Is that stuff even legal??!

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheTwoR's said:

If they won't return it, you can sue their asses.

At my old school, they would keep it for two weeks, or you could get kicked out of school for not agreeing with the school rules.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
At least you have lockers.

For me, it depends on the teacher whether or not I get a detention for missing homework. But most (if not all) give you a warning the first time.

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
My school:
1. Confiscation MAX. 48 hours.
2. No fights in school
3. Break Detention if late to lesson.
4. Break detention for irregular uniform.
5. Detentions only MAX. 1 hour
6. Cefeteria has different menus on different days. (pizza, pasta, ect)
7. Corner shop just outside school (sell sweetss, chocolates, ect.)
8. People smoke weed.
9. Force to do foundation exam and then ressit as higher.
10. No lockers.

(England)

done...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MaK11-12 said:
My school:
1. Confiscation MAX. 48 hours.
2. No fights in school
3. Break Detention if late to lesson.
4. Break detention for irregular uniform.
5. Detentions only MAX. 1 hour
6. Cefeteria has different menus on different days. (pizza, pasta, ect)
7. Corner shop just outside school (sell sweetss, chocolates, ect.)
8. People smoke weed.
9. Force to do foundation exam and then ressit as higher.
10. No lockers.

(England)

done...
Your FORCED to do foundation. In our school, if your in the highest set you do higher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.