Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS YET TO BE RELEASED!!!

http://www.wiimc.org/
http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/

QUOTE said:
Well, we’ve been trying to keep quiet that the successor to MPlayer CE, WiiMC, has been under development (for almost a year now!), but word has inevitably leaked out. I’m sure it will spread quickly from there, so now I break the long silence to confirm that, yes, you will see this released in the near future. In the meantime, I ask that you be patient and we will give you further details as we can. - Tantric
WiiMC (Wii Media Centre) is an open source media player for the Nintendo Wii. Features include:

* Ability to play virtually any video or audio format
* DVD playback, with DVD menu support
* Picture viewer
* Music player
* Online media support (YouTube and internet radio)
* SD, USB 2.0, SMB, HTTP, and FTP support
* Attractive libwiigui-based interface, designed with the Wii in mind

The Team

Team leads : Tantric and rodries
Menu artwork : Sam Mularczyk
Logo design: Psyche & drmr

Sam Mularczyk is the artist who made this GUI in the now removed MPlayer CE GUI wiki (NOTE: THE PICTURES BELOW ARE JUST AN EXAMPLE OF THE WORK SAM HAS DONE):

289witv.jpg

2qx85rk.jpg

Sorry if this has been discussed or there's another thread hanging around that I couldn't find using the search feature. Also, sorry if any of the team involved didn't want me to start this thread in the first place.
tongue.gif
I know how some of us GBATempers can be oh so meddling.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ya I checked the link, started up a new We Brew Wii post, then noticed no file releases, and wondered why you started the thread. lol
laugh.gif

Much appreciate the info though ... thanks for the head up for an upcoming great release.
wink.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Ya I checked the link, started up a new We Brew Wii post, then noticed no file releases, and wondered why you started the thread. lol
laugh.gif

Much appreciate the info though ... thanks for the head up for an upcoming great release.
wink.gif
Sorry about that.
frown.gif
It was solely for info purposes.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just to clarify this not MPLAYER CE with a new GUI, this is a new project all together, right ?
unsure.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Go to the official site and you can read this
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Well, we’ve been trying to keep quiet that the successor to MPlayer CE, WiiMC, has been under development (for almost a year now!), but word has inevitably leaked out. I’m sure it will spread quickly from there, so now I break the long silence to confirm that, yes, you will see this released in the near future. In the meantime, I ask that you be patient and we will give you further details as we can.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait to see the final new interface..

on a side note, I checked out the google code site and saw the new logo..
dry.gif

I like the mplayer ce icons that Blue-K made.. the black was slick.. maybe he can make some new ones for this release too..or maybe it will grow on me once its released and I see a nice forwarder with it.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doctair said:
just to clarify this not MPLAYER CE with a new GUI, this is a new project all together, right ?
unsure.gif

Same project, new name. To quote myself from the WiiMC forum:

TantricWiiMC was planned as the new name for MPlayer CE. instead of calling the "New GUI" MPlayer CE 1.0 or something, it's being called WiiMC. The intent was to kill off the MPlayer CE name entirely and redirect everyone to WiiMC; however, someone (Extrems) has stepped forward with an interest in continuing that project in its current form.

hybridreality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just hoping there will be a sleep timer implemented this time around.

The only reason I'm still using geexbox is because I tend to put it on and fall asleep - I hate how slow and unstable it is...

The GUI looks great , wouldn't expect any less with Tantric on the team though.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Damn it took half an hour to compile and then errored out..
frown.gif
Has anyone compiled this succesfully?

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how much better MPlayerCE can get. I use it daily for my daughter's favorite shows using SMB from my laptop. I do love the new interface!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: :creep: