Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1265520188ninty_dsi_black1.jpg

QUOTE said:
Want to download a mysterious update for your DSi? It's completely free, and we can't tell you what it does. I guess it can't be that important, since Nintendo hasn't made mention of the download! If anyone can figure out what this update does, please shoot me an email! Thanks to MrModestGreen for the heads up!

I have confirmed this, because I am downloading it now!

I can confirm this update definitely does exist. It's not a required update so you have to goto the update option in the firmware settings menu. My flashcarts still work, so it was probably just a minor bug fix or something.
Apparently it gives you access to some DSiWare updates and increases the speed of the DSi Shop.

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Original thread.

By the way, Tempbot's report is messed up. This is the proper thread!

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
its probably a fake update,kinda like it does an update,but does nothing.also 1000 posts
smile.gif

Congrats!

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Feb 7 2010, 01:31 PM) theres a rumor of a web browser update in the dsi shop
I added that.

EDIT: The person that said that didn't have the latest version.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Backdoor to detect flashcarts and sue you?
Auto-updater?

I dunno if it matters, but I tried connecting to the shop and got an error. The next time it worked fine though, even before I updated. Probeby just my slow connection.

Posts merged

Oh, and maybe at a certain date it will brick flashcarts or block them or something? Time-bomb for flashcarts?
:/

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this update definitely does exist. It's not a required update so you have to goto the update option in the firmware settings menu. My flashcarts still work, so it was probably just a minor bug fix or something.

Hatsu

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cornaljoe said:
I love this explanation! Can I use it in the first post?

Hatsu

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soma Cruz said:
damn http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206987 why didn´t they believe me? Well I was the first one who said about this!

woo wait! I think its an update for dsi ware! It will make it more (say a nice word).
Back then, everyone though those threads were fake because: it gives you that screen every time, even if there's no update out there.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it is a time bomb.

Everyone think it's an harmless update so everyone do the update...

Then 5 days after, version number change to 1.5 and every flashcarts are blocked.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up